WEST VALLY CITY — A Unified Police officer was home Sunday after being injured in a car accident while assisting another law enforcement agency, UPD Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The officer's car, one of two police vehicles heading north on 4000 West, was struck on its side about 3 p.m. Saturday by a car driven by a 17-year-old female traveling west on 6200 South.
West Valley City police are investigating the accident, which sent the officer to the hospital in serious condition.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9