WEST VALLY CITY — A Unified Police officer was home Sunday after being injured in a car accident while assisting another law enforcement agency, UPD Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The officer's car, one of two police vehicles heading north on 4000 West, was struck on its side about 3 p.m. Saturday by a car driven by a 17-year-old female traveling west on 6200 South.
West Valley City police are investigating the accident, which sent the officer to the hospital in serious condition.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12