WEST VALLY CITY — A Unified Police officer was home Sunday after being injured in a car accident while assisting another law enforcement agency, UPD Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The officer's car, one of two police vehicles heading north on 4000 West, was struck on its side about 3 p.m. Saturday by a car driven by a 17-year-old female traveling west on 6200 South.
West Valley City police are investigating the accident, which sent the officer to the hospital in serious condition.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14