WEST VALLY CITY — A Unified Police officer was home Sunday after being injured in a car accident while assisting another law enforcement agency, UPD Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The officer's car, one of two police vehicles heading north on 4000 West, was struck on its side about 3 p.m. Saturday by a car driven by a 17-year-old female traveling west on 6200 South.
West Valley City police are investigating the accident, which sent the officer to the hospital in serious condition.
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Audit: Drinking water connection requirements...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 25
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15