WEST VALLY CITY — A Unified Police officer was home Sunday after being injured in a car accident while assisting another law enforcement agency, UPD Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The officer's car, one of two police vehicles heading north on 4000 West, was struck on its side about 3 p.m. Saturday by a car driven by a 17-year-old female traveling west on 6200 South.
West Valley City police are investigating the accident, which sent the officer to the hospital in serious condition.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12