Traffic stop at airport nets nearly 11 pounds of marijuana
SALT LAKE CITY — Four people traveling cross-country have been booked into jail after police found nearly 11 pounds of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The four, identified by the Salt Lake County Jail as Louis George Bagliere, 65, Sahar Grecu, 35, Renee Nicole Wilson, 38, and Daniel Lee Winslow, 46, were stopped for driving 20 mph through a 10 mph zone, airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said.
They apparently were having car trouble during a trip from California to Detroit and had come to the airport hoping to rent a car, Gann said. Airport police searched their car based on issues raised during a background check of the occupants, she said.
The find is not the first at the airport, Gann said.
"There are times, just because it's a high-volume, high-traffic area," she said, including people who try to dispose of drugs in their possession before entering the airport. "This time it was during a traffic stop."
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13