Traffic stop at airport nets nearly 11 pounds of marijuana
SALT LAKE CITY — Four people traveling cross-country have been booked into jail after police found nearly 11 pounds of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The four, identified by the Salt Lake County Jail as Louis George Bagliere, 65, Sahar Grecu, 35, Renee Nicole Wilson, 38, and Daniel Lee Winslow, 46, were stopped for driving 20 mph through a 10 mph zone, airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said.
They apparently were having car trouble during a trip from California to Detroit and had come to the airport hoping to rent a car, Gann said. Airport police searched their car based on issues raised during a background check of the occupants, she said.
The find is not the first at the airport, Gann said.
"There are times, just because it's a high-volume, high-traffic area," she said, including people who try to dispose of drugs in their possession before entering the airport. "This time it was during a traffic stop."
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Man arrested in Mt. Olympus homicide...
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Findings released, officer cleared after dog...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 43
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 32
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 24