Traffic stop at airport nets nearly 11 pounds of marijuana
SALT LAKE CITY — Four people traveling cross-country have been booked into jail after police found nearly 11 pounds of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The four, identified by the Salt Lake County Jail as Louis George Bagliere, 65, Sahar Grecu, 35, Renee Nicole Wilson, 38, and Daniel Lee Winslow, 46, were stopped for driving 20 mph through a 10 mph zone, airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said.
They apparently were having car trouble during a trip from California to Detroit and had come to the airport hoping to rent a car, Gann said. Airport police searched their car based on issues raised during a background check of the occupants, she said.
The find is not the first at the airport, Gann said.
"There are times, just because it's a high-volume, high-traffic area," she said, including people who try to dispose of drugs in their possession before entering the airport. "This time it was during a traffic stop."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12