Traffic stop at airport nets nearly 11 pounds of marijuana
SALT LAKE CITY — Four people traveling cross-country have been booked into jail after police found nearly 11 pounds of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The four, identified by the Salt Lake County Jail as Louis George Bagliere, 65, Sahar Grecu, 35, Renee Nicole Wilson, 38, and Daniel Lee Winslow, 46, were stopped for driving 20 mph through a 10 mph zone, airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said.
They apparently were having car trouble during a trip from California to Detroit and had come to the airport hoping to rent a car, Gann said. Airport police searched their car based on issues raised during a background check of the occupants, she said.
The find is not the first at the airport, Gann said.
"There are times, just because it's a high-volume, high-traffic area," she said, including people who try to dispose of drugs in their possession before entering the airport. "This time it was during a traffic stop."
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 23
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19