Traffic stop at airport nets nearly 11 pounds of marijuana
SALT LAKE CITY — Four people traveling cross-country have been booked into jail after police found nearly 11 pounds of marijuana in their car during a traffic stop at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The four, identified by the Salt Lake County Jail as Louis George Bagliere, 65, Sahar Grecu, 35, Renee Nicole Wilson, 38, and Daniel Lee Winslow, 46, were stopped for driving 20 mph through a 10 mph zone, airport spokeswoman Barbara Gann said.
They apparently were having car trouble during a trip from California to Detroit and had come to the airport hoping to rent a car, Gann said. Airport police searched their car based on issues raised during a background check of the occupants, she said.
The find is not the first at the airport, Gann said.
"There are times, just because it's a high-volume, high-traffic area," she said, including people who try to dispose of drugs in their possession before entering the airport. "This time it was during a traffic stop."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13