Unified Police Department officer seriously injured in auto accident
WEST VALLEY CITY — A Unified Police officer was seriously injured in a car accident Saturday afternoon while assisting another agency.
West Valley City police spokesman Mike Powell said two police cars were traveling north through the intersection of 4000 West and 6200 South when a car being driven by a 17-year-old female broadsided one of the police cars.
A UPD officer was transported to a local hospital in serious condition and is being treated for possible internal injures and broken bones.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 27
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 19