Unified Police Department officer seriously injured in auto accident
WEST VALLEY CITY — A Unified Police officer was seriously injured in a car accident Saturday afternoon while assisting another agency.
West Valley City police spokesman Mike Powell said two police cars were traveling north through the intersection of 4000 West and 6200 South when a car being driven by a 17-year-old female broadsided one of the police cars.
A UPD officer was transported to a local hospital in serious condition and is being treated for possible internal injures and broken bones.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- 'People don't talk about it,' recovering...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 41
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16