Unified Police Department officer seriously injured in auto accident
WEST VALLEY CITY — A Unified Police officer was seriously injured in a car accident Saturday afternoon while assisting another agency.
West Valley City police spokesman Mike Powell said two police cars were traveling north through the intersection of 4000 West and 6200 South when a car being driven by a 17-year-old female broadsided one of the police cars.
A UPD officer was transported to a local hospital in serious condition and is being treated for possible internal injures and broken bones.
More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 75
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7