OREM — A 43-year-old Orem man has turned himself in following the death Friday of his girlfriend.
The woman, identified as Jennifer Brackenbury, 44, was discovered Friday with multiple stab wounds at the couple's shared residence at 155 S. 1200 West.
Steven Gray had fled to his home state of Washington, where he turned himself in to Yakima police at 11:17 a.m. Friday. Officers there notified Orem police that Gray said Brackenbury's body could be found in their trailer at the Timpanogos Village Mobile Home Park.
Brackenbury's body was found in the back bedroom of the trailer. The woman had been stabbed several times, police said.
"It most likely would have occurred between Saturday and Tuesday," said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez. "(We) don't know the actual time of death yet."
Neighbors said the couple had been dating for less than a year and were friendly but private.
"They kind of kept to themselves," said Darrell Petersen, a neighbor. "They used to come out and sit on the porch all the time and wave to people as they walked by."
Contributing: Jeff Finley
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- World War II veterans grateful for...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 62
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 39
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20