OREM — A 43-year-old Orem man has turned himself in following the death Friday of his girlfriend.
The woman, identified as Jennifer Brackenbury, 44, was discovered Friday with multiple stab wounds at the couple's shared residence at 155 S. 1200 West.
Steven Gray had fled to his home state of Washington, where he turned himself in to Yakima police at 11:17 a.m. Friday. Officers there notified Orem police that Gray said Brackenbury's body could be found in their trailer at the Timpanogos Village Mobile Home Park.
Brackenbury's body was found in the back bedroom of the trailer. The woman had been stabbed several times, police said.
"It most likely would have occurred between Saturday and Tuesday," said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez. "(We) don't know the actual time of death yet."
Neighbors said the couple had been dating for less than a year and were friendly but private.
"They kind of kept to themselves," said Darrell Petersen, a neighbor. "They used to come out and sit on the porch all the time and wave to people as they walked by."
Contributing: Jeff Finley
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in... 13