OREM — A 43-year-old Orem man has turned himself in following the death Friday of his girlfriend.
The woman, identified as Jennifer Brackenbury, 44, was discovered Friday with multiple stab wounds at the couple's shared residence at 155 S. 1200 West.
Steven Gray had fled to his home state of Washington, where he turned himself in to Yakima police at 11:17 a.m. Friday. Officers there notified Orem police that Gray said Brackenbury's body could be found in their trailer at the Timpanogos Village Mobile Home Park.
Brackenbury's body was found in the back bedroom of the trailer. The woman had been stabbed several times, police said.
"It most likely would have occurred between Saturday and Tuesday," said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez. "(We) don't know the actual time of death yet."
Neighbors said the couple had been dating for less than a year and were friendly but private.
"They kind of kept to themselves," said Darrell Petersen, a neighbor. "They used to come out and sit on the porch all the time and wave to people as they walked by."
Contributing: Jeff Finley
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- 41 inmates in Davis County Jail earn high...
- 'Regimented' UTA employee remembered as...
- Office of Economic Development names...
- Parents look for answers after daughter was...
- U. grad one of top 25 law students in the nation
- LDS Church condemns sexual assault as... 60
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 21
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution... 11
- Utah defends busting theater for... 11