OREM — A 43-year-old Orem man has turned himself in following the death Friday of his girlfriend.
The woman, identified as Jennifer Brackenbury, 44, was discovered Friday with multiple stab wounds at the couple's shared residence at 155 S. 1200 West.
Steven Gray had fled to his home state of Washington, where he turned himself in to Yakima police at 11:17 a.m. Friday. Officers there notified Orem police that Gray said Brackenbury's body could be found in their trailer at the Timpanogos Village Mobile Home Park.
Brackenbury's body was found in the back bedroom of the trailer. The woman had been stabbed several times, police said.
"It most likely would have occurred between Saturday and Tuesday," said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez. "(We) don't know the actual time of death yet."
Neighbors said the couple had been dating for less than a year and were friendly but private.
"They kind of kept to themselves," said Darrell Petersen, a neighbor. "They used to come out and sit on the porch all the time and wave to people as they walked by."
Contributing: Jeff Finley
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 47
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13