OREM — A 43-year-old Orem man has turned himself in following the death Friday of his girlfriend.
The woman, identified as Jennifer Brackenbury, 44, was discovered Friday with multiple stab wounds at the couple's shared residence at 155 S. 1200 West.
Steven Gray had fled to his home state of Washington, where he turned himself in to Yakima police at 11:17 a.m. Friday. Officers there notified Orem police that Gray said Brackenbury's body could be found in their trailer at the Timpanogos Village Mobile Home Park.
Brackenbury's body was found in the back bedroom of the trailer. The woman had been stabbed several times, police said.
"It most likely would have occurred between Saturday and Tuesday," said Orem Police Sgt. Craig Martinez. "(We) don't know the actual time of death yet."
Neighbors said the couple had been dating for less than a year and were friendly but private.
"They kind of kept to themselves," said Darrell Petersen, a neighbor. "They used to come out and sit on the porch all the time and wave to people as they walked by."
Contributing: Jeff Finley
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14