WEST JORDAN — Seven people were taken into custody about 7 a.m. Saturday after a four-hour standoff with police that began when occupants of a residence fired five or six shots as officers approached the house.
West Jordan Police Sgt. Drew Sanders said police were dispatched to 2241 W. Pauline Way about 3 a.m. Saturday because of reports of a loud party.
Upon approaching the residence, shots were fired and the officers backed off. A tactical response was launched, Sanders said.
"Over time, we were able to get everyone out of the house," he said.
Six men and one woman in their late teens and early 20s were taken into custody.
Alcohol may have played a part in the incident, which remains under investigation, Sanders said.
Multiple local and state law enforcement agencies assisted West Jordan officers, Sanders said.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11