WEST JORDAN — Seven people were taken into custody about 7 a.m. Saturday after a four-hour standoff with police that began when occupants of a residence fired five or six shots as officers approached the house.
West Jordan Police Sgt. Drew Sanders said police were dispatched to 2241 W. Pauline Way about 3 a.m. Saturday because of reports of a loud party.
Upon approaching the residence, shots were fired and the officers backed off. A tactical response was launched, Sanders said.
"Over time, we were able to get everyone out of the house," he said.
Six men and one woman in their late teens and early 20s were taken into custody.
Alcohol may have played a part in the incident, which remains under investigation, Sanders said.
Multiple local and state law enforcement agencies assisted West Jordan officers, Sanders said.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22