BYU football: Jamaal Williams, Cougar defense shine in road win over Georgia Tech
Running back Jamaal Williams tallied four touchdowns and 161 yards of total offense to lead the BYU Cougars past the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 41-17.
Williams starred in the second half with an array of inside and outside carries. The highlight of his day was a 39-yard touchdown scamper on an inside shovel pass. That made the score 38-17 and put the game away.
The Cougar defense, led by a Kyle Van Noy blocked punt and a Daniel Sorensen interception, held a powerful Georgia Tech attack to just 157 total yards and only three points. They also put the offense in excellent field position throughout the game.
Kick returner JD Falslev also played a huge role in the field-position game with 182 all-purpose yards.
Quarterback Riley Nelson recovered from an early interception that was returned for a touchdown to finish with 204 yards passing, one touchdown pass and one interception. He also ran for a touchdown.
Georgia Tech struggled to move the ball all game, as its only touchdowns came on an interception return and a kick return.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: TheShums
- Dustin Johnson wins US Open at Oakmont for...
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA Finals...
- The End: Cleveland rocks as title drought...
- Warriors cap greatest Finals collapse with...
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- James and Cavaliers win thrilling NBA... 28
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22