BYU football: Cougars lead Georgia Tech after wild first half, 24-14
The BYU offense has scored 24 points. The BYU defense has given up zero. The Cougars lead by 10 points.
Jamaal Williams scored two rushing touchdowns and Riley Nelson added another, but Nelson also threw an interception for a touchdown and Georgia Tech's Jamal Golden returned a kickoff 97 yards for another score as BYU leads at halftime, 24-14.
After a big JD Falslev return on the game's opening kickoff, the Cougars had a 12-play drive culminate in a 6-yard Williams touchdown run.
After forcing a Georgia Tech punt, Nelson got in trouble on BYU's next possession and threw straight to Tech's Isaiah Johnson, who scampered into the end zone from 22 yards out.
The Cougars answered with another short Williams touchdown run, set up by a long completion from Nelson to Ross Apo.
Y. linebacker Kyle Van Noy then blocked a Georgia Tech punt, which led to a 10-yard Nelson scramble for the Cougars' third touchdown. Golden took the ensuing kickoff for the Yellow Jackets' second score.
BYU kicker Justin Sorensen added a 26-yard field goal just before halftime.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: TheShums
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33