BYU football: Cougars lead Georgia Tech after wild first half, 24-14
The BYU offense has scored 24 points. The BYU defense has given up zero. The Cougars lead by 10 points.
Jamaal Williams scored two rushing touchdowns and Riley Nelson added another, but Nelson also threw an interception for a touchdown and Georgia Tech's Jamal Golden returned a kickoff 97 yards for another score as BYU leads at halftime, 24-14.
After a big JD Falslev return on the game's opening kickoff, the Cougars had a 12-play drive culminate in a 6-yard Williams touchdown run.
After forcing a Georgia Tech punt, Nelson got in trouble on BYU's next possession and threw straight to Tech's Isaiah Johnson, who scampered into the end zone from 22 yards out.
The Cougars answered with another short Williams touchdown run, set up by a long completion from Nelson to Ross Apo.
Y. linebacker Kyle Van Noy then blocked a Georgia Tech punt, which led to a 10-yard Nelson scramble for the Cougars' third touchdown. Golden took the ensuing kickoff for the Yellow Jackets' second score.
BYU kicker Justin Sorensen added a 26-yard field goal just before halftime.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: TheShums
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 57
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 50
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45