BYU football: Cougars lead Georgia Tech after wild first half, 24-14
The BYU offense has scored 24 points. The BYU defense has given up zero. The Cougars lead by 10 points.
Jamaal Williams scored two rushing touchdowns and Riley Nelson added another, but Nelson also threw an interception for a touchdown and Georgia Tech's Jamal Golden returned a kickoff 97 yards for another score as BYU leads at halftime, 24-14.
After a big JD Falslev return on the game's opening kickoff, the Cougars had a 12-play drive culminate in a 6-yard Williams touchdown run.
After forcing a Georgia Tech punt, Nelson got in trouble on BYU's next possession and threw straight to Tech's Isaiah Johnson, who scampered into the end zone from 22 yards out.
The Cougars answered with another short Williams touchdown run, set up by a long completion from Nelson to Ross Apo.
Y. linebacker Kyle Van Noy then blocked a Georgia Tech punt, which led to a 10-yard Nelson scramble for the Cougars' third touchdown. Golden took the ensuing kickoff for the Yellow Jackets' second score.
BYU kicker Justin Sorensen added a 26-yard field goal just before halftime.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: TheShums
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37