BYU football: Cougars lead Georgia Tech after wild first half, 24-14
The BYU offense has scored 24 points. The BYU defense has given up zero. The Cougars lead by 10 points.
Jamaal Williams scored two rushing touchdowns and Riley Nelson added another, but Nelson also threw an interception for a touchdown and Georgia Tech's Jamal Golden returned a kickoff 97 yards for another score as BYU leads at halftime, 24-14.
After a big JD Falslev return on the game's opening kickoff, the Cougars had a 12-play drive culminate in a 6-yard Williams touchdown run.
After forcing a Georgia Tech punt, Nelson got in trouble on BYU's next possession and threw straight to Tech's Isaiah Johnson, who scampered into the end zone from 22 yards out.
The Cougars answered with another short Williams touchdown run, set up by a long completion from Nelson to Ross Apo.
Y. linebacker Kyle Van Noy then blocked a Georgia Tech punt, which led to a 10-yard Nelson scramble for the Cougars' third touchdown. Golden took the ensuing kickoff for the Yellow Jackets' second score.
BYU kicker Justin Sorensen added a 26-yard field goal just before halftime.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: TheShums
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 106
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey rebuts rumor... 14