BYU football: Cougars lead Georgia Tech after wild first half, 24-14
The BYU offense has scored 24 points. The BYU defense has given up zero. The Cougars lead by 10 points.
Jamaal Williams scored two rushing touchdowns and Riley Nelson added another, but Nelson also threw an interception for a touchdown and Georgia Tech's Jamal Golden returned a kickoff 97 yards for another score as BYU leads at halftime, 24-14.
After a big JD Falslev return on the game's opening kickoff, the Cougars had a 12-play drive culminate in a 6-yard Williams touchdown run.
After forcing a Georgia Tech punt, Nelson got in trouble on BYU's next possession and threw straight to Tech's Isaiah Johnson, who scampered into the end zone from 22 yards out.
The Cougars answered with another short Williams touchdown run, set up by a long completion from Nelson to Ross Apo.
Y. linebacker Kyle Van Noy then blocked a Georgia Tech punt, which led to a 10-yard Nelson scramble for the Cougars' third touchdown. Golden took the ensuing kickoff for the Yellow Jackets' second score.
BYU kicker Justin Sorensen added a 26-yard field goal just before halftime.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: TheShums
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27