Utah State volleyball will wrap up its seven-match home action in the month of October by hosting Louisiana Tech on Saturday, Oct. 27. First serve from the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum is slated for 7 p.m.
USU Athletics is encouraging children to come in their Halloween costumes, as candy will be given out. There will be the Aggie Volleyball Senior Trading cards available of the three USU seniors: Kassi Hargrove, Shay Sorensen and Josselyn White, and the entire Aggie team will be signing autographs following the match.
Utah State is 16-7 overall and atop the Western Athletic Conference standings with an 11-2 mark, tying its most WAC wins in its eight years in the league, also winning 11 in both 2005 and 2007. The school record for most conference wins in a season is 12 Big West Conference wins in 2001.
The Aggies have won their last three matches, as well as six of its last seven WAC home matches, and USU has won eight of its last nine overall matches. In its last action, Utah State swept UT Arlington, 3-0.
Louisiana Tech is 3-21 overall and 0-12 in WAC action, having lost its last 26 league matches, including a 3-1 loss at San Jose State on Thursday night.
Utah State improved to 14-1 all-time against Louisiana Tech, which includes a 7-1 road record, with a four-set win at Ruston on Sept. 27. The Aggies have won the last six meetings overall and are also 7-0 at home against the Lady Techsters. USU has swept the season series with LA Tech the last two years, winning in Logan in three sets and in Ruston in five sets in 2010 while winning in four at Ruston before sweeping them at Logan last year. The Aggies’ lone loss against the Lady Techsters was during the 2009 season in Ruston in five sets.
Utah State will be also be wrapping up its "Dig for a Cure" campaign as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and to help raise money for Logan Regional Hospital Foundation's Breast Cancer Services. Pledges are now being gathered for every dig the Aggies make during their home matches in October as part of USU's "Dig for a Cure" campaign. Pledges can be made in any amount and flat donations are also accepted and appreciated. Pledge and donation forms will be available at the matches at the marketing/promotions table on the west concourse of the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
The Utah State Campus Store is donating 20 percent of all pink merchandise sales during the month of October to Aggie volleyball's "Dig for a Cure" campaign.
Utah State volleyball tickets are available by contacting the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 21
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 12