Utah Highway Patrol
OURAY, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was killed Friday after his car crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer truck.
Roderick Lee Black, of Randlett, was driving a small sedan south on state Route 88 about 5 p.m. when he crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Allen Caneer, of Roosevelt, was driving north on the road in a 1994 Kenworth and tried to avoid the crash with Black by pulling off onto the shoulder of the road, Pratt said.
Despite Caneer's attempt to avoid a crash, the car hit the tractor-trailer truck head on.
Black, 45, died at the scene. No information was released about whether Caneer, 62, was injured.
The crash closed S.R. 88 for two hours. Troopers were still trying Friday to determine what caused Black to veer into oncoming traffic, Pratt said.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8