Utah Highway Patrol
OURAY, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was killed Friday after his car crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer truck.
Roderick Lee Black, of Randlett, was driving a small sedan south on state Route 88 about 5 p.m. when he crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Allen Caneer, of Roosevelt, was driving north on the road in a 1994 Kenworth and tried to avoid the crash with Black by pulling off onto the shoulder of the road, Pratt said.
Despite Caneer's attempt to avoid a crash, the car hit the tractor-trailer truck head on.
Black, 45, died at the scene. No information was released about whether Caneer, 62, was injured.
The crash closed S.R. 88 for two hours. Troopers were still trying Friday to determine what caused Black to veer into oncoming traffic, Pratt said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17