Utah Highway Patrol
OURAY, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was killed Friday after his car crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer truck.
Roderick Lee Black, of Randlett, was driving a small sedan south on state Route 88 about 5 p.m. when he crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Allen Caneer, of Roosevelt, was driving north on the road in a 1994 Kenworth and tried to avoid the crash with Black by pulling off onto the shoulder of the road, Pratt said.
Despite Caneer's attempt to avoid a crash, the car hit the tractor-trailer truck head on.
Black, 45, died at the scene. No information was released about whether Caneer, 62, was injured.
The crash closed S.R. 88 for two hours. Troopers were still trying Friday to determine what caused Black to veer into oncoming traffic, Pratt said.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Murder trial focuses on relationship between...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10