Utah Highway Patrol
OURAY, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was killed Friday after his car crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer truck.
Roderick Lee Black, of Randlett, was driving a small sedan south on state Route 88 about 5 p.m. when he crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Allen Caneer, of Roosevelt, was driving north on the road in a 1994 Kenworth and tried to avoid the crash with Black by pulling off onto the shoulder of the road, Pratt said.
Despite Caneer's attempt to avoid a crash, the car hit the tractor-trailer truck head on.
Black, 45, died at the scene. No information was released about whether Caneer, 62, was injured.
The crash closed S.R. 88 for two hours. Troopers were still trying Friday to determine what caused Black to veer into oncoming traffic, Pratt said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 95
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 36
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23