Utah Highway Patrol
OURAY, Uintah County — A Uintah County man was killed Friday after his car crossed into the path of a tractor-trailer truck.
Roderick Lee Black, of Randlett, was driving a small sedan south on state Route 88 about 5 p.m. when he crossed the center line, said Utah Highway Patrol trooper Matt Pratt.
Allen Caneer, of Roosevelt, was driving north on the road in a 1994 Kenworth and tried to avoid the crash with Black by pulling off onto the shoulder of the road, Pratt said.
Despite Caneer's attempt to avoid a crash, the car hit the tractor-trailer truck head on.
Black, 45, died at the scene. No information was released about whether Caneer, 62, was injured.
The crash closed S.R. 88 for two hours. Troopers were still trying Friday to determine what caused Black to veer into oncoming traffic, Pratt said.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21