While it can be hard to not use money in your savings account when you are don’t earn much, there are many reasons why saving while you are young is a good idea, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Here are those reasons:
Time trumps amount
It’s much easier to save small amounts of money over a larger amount of time than to drop a large sum into your account all at once.
Interest works for you
In savings accounts where compound interest is offered, your account earns money almost constantly. This works more in the favor of those who store their savings for a long time.
Learn to set goals
Committing to saving money teaches one to have enough discipline to reach a goal.
Have a better retirement
Though it may be hard to imagine being a retiree when you are young, saving money earlier will bring in more money, making your retirement more enjoyable.
Prepare for emergencies
Medical problems, car repairs or other financial emergencies could pop up and having enough money to save for them can be a relief.
Young people actually have more money to save
When you are young, you often have fewer expenses, leaving you with more disposable income to save.
- Women innovators leading by example
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- Proposed trade legislation could boost Utah...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- More Americans spending at least half... 13
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- Many Salt Lake residents still balk at... 4
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Women innovators leading by example 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 2