While it can be hard to not use money in your savings account when you are don’t earn much, there are many reasons why saving while you are young is a good idea, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Here are those reasons:
Time trumps amount
It’s much easier to save small amounts of money over a larger amount of time than to drop a large sum into your account all at once.
Interest works for you
In savings accounts where compound interest is offered, your account earns money almost constantly. This works more in the favor of those who store their savings for a long time.
Learn to set goals
Committing to saving money teaches one to have enough discipline to reach a goal.
Have a better retirement
Though it may be hard to imagine being a retiree when you are young, saving money earlier will bring in more money, making your retirement more enjoyable.
Prepare for emergencies
Medical problems, car repairs or other financial emergencies could pop up and having enough money to save for them can be a relief.
Young people actually have more money to save
When you are young, you often have fewer expenses, leaving you with more disposable income to save.
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- About Utah: He un-retired and found a world...
- Heroes 2014: Columnist's hard-nosed, biblical...
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003...
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in hacking row
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral?
- Food hubs link consumers with locally farmed...
- N. Korea compares Obama to monkey in... 9
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 5
- Largest quarterly GDP growth since 2003... 5
- Low gas prices are great, but could be... 4
- What the Senate’s tax break... 4
- US consumer spending up solid 0.6 pct.... 1
- Guaranteeing results: College sees... 1