While it can be hard to not use money in your savings account when you are don’t earn much, there are many reasons why saving while you are young is a good idea, according to GoBankingRates.com.
Here are those reasons:
Time trumps amount
It’s much easier to save small amounts of money over a larger amount of time than to drop a large sum into your account all at once.
Interest works for you
In savings accounts where compound interest is offered, your account earns money almost constantly. This works more in the favor of those who store their savings for a long time.
Learn to set goals
Committing to saving money teaches one to have enough discipline to reach a goal.
Have a better retirement
Though it may be hard to imagine being a retiree when you are young, saving money earlier will bring in more money, making your retirement more enjoyable.
Prepare for emergencies
Medical problems, car repairs or other financial emergencies could pop up and having enough money to save for them can be a relief.
Young people actually have more money to save
When you are young, you often have fewer expenses, leaving you with more disposable income to save.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Men and women: Understanding the wage gap is...
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- From world-class soldier to world-class...
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 7
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 6
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 5
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- Clinton proposes $275 billion in new... 2
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic... 2