Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 92
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19