Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15