Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11