Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands... 8