VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 24
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 17
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11