Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15