Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 57
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17