Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 52
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 39
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 19
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15