Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Police say man persuaded Provo High boys to...
- Pentagon: Live anthrax samples mistakenly...
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12