Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13