Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 114
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 44
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 32
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS... 16