VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23