Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 77
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12