Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Preliminary hearing set for Utah mom accused...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 30
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 14