Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Pharmacist who stole pills in 2012 accused of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Ex-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 92
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of... 7