Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14