Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Undercover operation seizes $600,000 in...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 162
- Romney decision not to run again... 47
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21