Assistant principal at Vernal Middle School sexually abused teen, police say
VERNAL — The assistant principal at Vernal Middle School has been booked into the Uintah County Jail, accused of sexually abusing a teenager.
David Papadakos, 43, was arrested without incident at his home Thursday night, said Assistant Vernal Police Chief Keith Campbell.
Papadakos was booked for investigation of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and forcible sexual abuse. The alleged abuse took place over the course of about two years, Campbell said.
It did not involve one of Papadakos' students, he said. The victim is a relative.
Papadokas was hired as a teacher in the Uintah School District in August 1997, according to Lee Gagon, the district's director of human resources. He became assistant principal at Vernal Middle School before the beginning of the current academic year.
Papadakos remains in jail. His bail is set at $150,000.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 50
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 36
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 13