For a person to find his or her eternal worth fulfilled, they must be about the Father’s business. They will find him in the temple, in the mission field, in the living rooms of the people they home and visit teach. They’ll find him in the scriptures, at general conference and in sacrament meeting. They’ll find him in the seemingly few-and-far-between moments when their kids are smiling and laughing instead of arguing and yelling.
The scripture says that Joseph and Mary did not quite understand what Jesus was asking them, but one thing is sure. Mary eventually got it. Remember, she was one of the first people (along with Mary Magdalene) to immediately go to the tomb to verify her belief that her son had been resurrected.
If someone has searched for the Savior somewhere where he’s not, it’s never too late to look in the right places. If a person had his or her heart broken by the dreams they've made lords over your life, it can be repaired — by the Savior who’s heart was broken for everyone under the burden that only he could bear.
Begin wherever you are. If you need to talk to the bishop to become worthy to find him in the temple, begin that process now. However, you need not meet any requirements to serve your neighbor. You just need to begin thinking of others. For “inasmuch as you’ve done it unto one of the least of these ye have done it unto (him)” (Matthew 25:40).
You’ll find him in that service, however small it may be.
The Savior’s message is “come unto me.” He doesn’t say “get your act together and then come unto me.” Wherever you are, start there. He’s not hard to find. You know where to look.
Trevor Amicone is a seminary teacher at Bountiful High School. He served his mission in Boston in 2007 and 2008. He is also a sports contributor for KSL.com. You can follow and interact with him on Twitter @TrevorAmicone.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13