Parents who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints seeking a simple, gentle way to teach their children reverence and appreciation for the sacrament will enjoy the new picture book by C.J. Gudmundson, "When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus."
Simple text by Gudmundson, with beautiful illustrations by Shawna J.C. Tenney, provides relevant suggestions of ways to focus on the Savior. The book spotlights different events during Jesus' ministry and illustrates modern-day examples of following the Savior's teachings. One way to remember Jesus included in the book is an illustration of Jesus calling his apostles coupled with an illustration of a modern family gathered together to hear latter-day prophets and apostles.
"When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus" is a hardcover book of 28 pages. It would be a great addition to the family home library or as a gift for parents of children ages 2 to 7.
This is Gudmundson's first published book for children. She has also written children's stories published in The Friend magazine. Tenney has illustrated for several children's books and magazines.
Tequitia Andrews is a freelance writer based in Virginia.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2