Parents who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints seeking a simple, gentle way to teach their children reverence and appreciation for the sacrament will enjoy the new picture book by C.J. Gudmundson, "When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus."
Simple text by Gudmundson, with beautiful illustrations by Shawna J.C. Tenney, provides relevant suggestions of ways to focus on the Savior. The book spotlights different events during Jesus' ministry and illustrates modern-day examples of following the Savior's teachings. One way to remember Jesus included in the book is an illustration of Jesus calling his apostles coupled with an illustration of a modern family gathered together to hear latter-day prophets and apostles.
"When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus" is a hardcover book of 28 pages. It would be a great addition to the family home library or as a gift for parents of children ages 2 to 7.
This is Gudmundson's first published book for children. She has also written children's stories published in The Friend magazine. Tenney has illustrated for several children's books and magazines.
Tequitia Andrews is a freelance writer based in Virginia.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6