Parents who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints seeking a simple, gentle way to teach their children reverence and appreciation for the sacrament will enjoy the new picture book by C.J. Gudmundson, "When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus."
Simple text by Gudmundson, with beautiful illustrations by Shawna J.C. Tenney, provides relevant suggestions of ways to focus on the Savior. The book spotlights different events during Jesus' ministry and illustrates modern-day examples of following the Savior's teachings. One way to remember Jesus included in the book is an illustration of Jesus calling his apostles coupled with an illustration of a modern family gathered together to hear latter-day prophets and apostles.
"When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus" is a hardcover book of 28 pages. It would be a great addition to the family home library or as a gift for parents of children ages 2 to 7.
This is Gudmundson's first published book for children. She has also written children's stories published in The Friend magazine. Tenney has illustrated for several children's books and magazines.
Tequitia Andrews is a freelance writer based in Virginia.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Church leaders can learn from NFL domestic...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 65
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 6