Parents who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints seeking a simple, gentle way to teach their children reverence and appreciation for the sacrament will enjoy the new picture book by C.J. Gudmundson, "When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus."
Simple text by Gudmundson, with beautiful illustrations by Shawna J.C. Tenney, provides relevant suggestions of ways to focus on the Savior. The book spotlights different events during Jesus' ministry and illustrates modern-day examples of following the Savior's teachings. One way to remember Jesus included in the book is an illustration of Jesus calling his apostles coupled with an illustration of a modern family gathered together to hear latter-day prophets and apostles.
"When I Take the Sacrament, I Remember Jesus" is a hardcover book of 28 pages. It would be a great addition to the family home library or as a gift for parents of children ages 2 to 7.
This is Gudmundson's first published book for children. She has also written children's stories published in The Friend magazine. Tenney has illustrated for several children's books and magazines.
Tequitia Andrews is a freelance writer based in Virginia.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 60
- Religious, political leaders in... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 15
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15