AMERICAN FORK — The city has announced a vacancy in its council due to the resignation of Councilman Dale Gunther.
The City Council will meet in regular session on Nov. 27 to fill the vacancy on the council to serve thru Dec. 31, 2013. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 31 N. Church Street.
People interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy have until noon on Nov. 15 to submit their names for consideration along with a letter of interest and resume to: City Recorder Richard Colborn, 51 E. Main St., American Fork, UT 84003.
Candidates must be registered voters of the city and residents of the city for the past 365 consecutive days — or a resident of a recently annexed area of the city for a period of 365 days immediately preceding the day of the appointment.
Brief presentations from the applicants will be given during the Nov. 27 meeting.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 32
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13