AMERICAN FORK — The city has announced a vacancy in its council due to the resignation of Councilman Dale Gunther.
The City Council will meet in regular session on Nov. 27 to fill the vacancy on the council to serve thru Dec. 31, 2013. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 31 N. Church Street.
People interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy have until noon on Nov. 15 to submit their names for consideration along with a letter of interest and resume to: City Recorder Richard Colborn, 51 E. Main St., American Fork, UT 84003.
Candidates must be registered voters of the city and residents of the city for the past 365 consecutive days — or a resident of a recently annexed area of the city for a period of 365 days immediately preceding the day of the appointment.
Brief presentations from the applicants will be given during the Nov. 27 meeting.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14