AMERICAN FORK — The city has announced a vacancy in its council due to the resignation of Councilman Dale Gunther.
The City Council will meet in regular session on Nov. 27 to fill the vacancy on the council to serve thru Dec. 31, 2013. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 31 N. Church Street.
People interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy have until noon on Nov. 15 to submit their names for consideration along with a letter of interest and resume to: City Recorder Richard Colborn, 51 E. Main St., American Fork, UT 84003.
Candidates must be registered voters of the city and residents of the city for the past 365 consecutive days — or a resident of a recently annexed area of the city for a period of 365 days immediately preceding the day of the appointment.
Brief presentations from the applicants will be given during the Nov. 27 meeting.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8