AMERICAN FORK — The city has announced a vacancy in its council due to the resignation of Councilman Dale Gunther.
The City Council will meet in regular session on Nov. 27 to fill the vacancy on the council to serve thru Dec. 31, 2013. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 31 N. Church Street.
People interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy have until noon on Nov. 15 to submit their names for consideration along with a letter of interest and resume to: City Recorder Richard Colborn, 51 E. Main St., American Fork, UT 84003.
Candidates must be registered voters of the city and residents of the city for the past 365 consecutive days — or a resident of a recently annexed area of the city for a period of 365 days immediately preceding the day of the appointment.
Brief presentations from the applicants will be given during the Nov. 27 meeting.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14