AMERICAN FORK — The city has announced a vacancy in its council due to the resignation of Councilman Dale Gunther.
The City Council will meet in regular session on Nov. 27 to fill the vacancy on the council to serve thru Dec. 31, 2013. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 31 N. Church Street.
People interested in being appointed to fill the vacancy have until noon on Nov. 15 to submit their names for consideration along with a letter of interest and resume to: City Recorder Richard Colborn, 51 E. Main St., American Fork, UT 84003.
Candidates must be registered voters of the city and residents of the city for the past 365 consecutive days — or a resident of a recently annexed area of the city for a period of 365 days immediately preceding the day of the appointment.
Brief presentations from the applicants will be given during the Nov. 27 meeting.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12