August Miller, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College will offer access to a degree in hospitality management at Utah Valley University. The program will be offered in a flexible online format beginning in the spring semester.
Students begin entry-level coursework at SLCC to earn an associate of science or arts degree. A partnership between SLCC and UVU will provide students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree after completing an associates degree from SLCC. Students can complete bachelor’s level coursework online while working in the industry.
The hospitality degree has a business management focus, preparing students for management positions in hotels, resorts, convention centers, gaming facilities and restaurants. The program builds on the skills and knowledge people have developed in the areas of operations, financial accounting, human resource management, hospitality law, revenue management and cost accounting.
For more information, contact Andrea Scott at 801-957-4824 or Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14