August Miller, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College will offer access to a degree in hospitality management at Utah Valley University. The program will be offered in a flexible online format beginning in the spring semester.
Students begin entry-level coursework at SLCC to earn an associate of science or arts degree. A partnership between SLCC and UVU will provide students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree after completing an associates degree from SLCC. Students can complete bachelor’s level coursework online while working in the industry.
The hospitality degree has a business management focus, preparing students for management positions in hotels, resorts, convention centers, gaming facilities and restaurants. The program builds on the skills and knowledge people have developed in the areas of operations, financial accounting, human resource management, hospitality law, revenue management and cost accounting.
For more information, contact Andrea Scott at 801-957-4824 or Andrea.email@example.com.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8