August Miller, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College will offer access to a degree in hospitality management at Utah Valley University. The program will be offered in a flexible online format beginning in the spring semester.
Students begin entry-level coursework at SLCC to earn an associate of science or arts degree. A partnership between SLCC and UVU will provide students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree after completing an associates degree from SLCC. Students can complete bachelor’s level coursework online while working in the industry.
The hospitality degree has a business management focus, preparing students for management positions in hotels, resorts, convention centers, gaming facilities and restaurants. The program builds on the skills and knowledge people have developed in the areas of operations, financial accounting, human resource management, hospitality law, revenue management and cost accounting.
For more information, contact Andrea Scott at 801-957-4824 or Andrea.email@example.com.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Nebo educator named Health Teacher of the Year
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9