August Miller, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College will offer access to a degree in hospitality management at Utah Valley University. The program will be offered in a flexible online format beginning in the spring semester.
Students begin entry-level coursework at SLCC to earn an associate of science or arts degree. A partnership between SLCC and UVU will provide students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree after completing an associates degree from SLCC. Students can complete bachelor’s level coursework online while working in the industry.
The hospitality degree has a business management focus, preparing students for management positions in hotels, resorts, convention centers, gaming facilities and restaurants. The program builds on the skills and knowledge people have developed in the areas of operations, financial accounting, human resource management, hospitality law, revenue management and cost accounting.
For more information, contact Andrea Scott at 801-957-4824 or Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 81
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 43
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15