August Miller, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake Community College will offer access to a degree in hospitality management at Utah Valley University. The program will be offered in a flexible online format beginning in the spring semester.
Students begin entry-level coursework at SLCC to earn an associate of science or arts degree. A partnership between SLCC and UVU will provide students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree after completing an associates degree from SLCC. Students can complete bachelor’s level coursework online while working in the industry.
The hospitality degree has a business management focus, preparing students for management positions in hotels, resorts, convention centers, gaming facilities and restaurants. The program builds on the skills and knowledge people have developed in the areas of operations, financial accounting, human resource management, hospitality law, revenue management and cost accounting.
For more information, contact Andrea Scott at 801-957-4824 or Andrea.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19