SALT LAKE CITY — Icy conditions from winter storms caused a multiple car pileup and minor injuries on I-80 Thursday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said the accident at the Wright Brothers flyover ramp on eastbound I-80 happened just after 9 p.m. Officers were unsure exactly how many cars were involved, estimating between 10 and 12 vehicles.
The accident closed down the ramp and blocked eastbound lanes on the highway, but police were hoping to have the road open by midnight. Only minor injuries were reported.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14