SALT LAKE CITY — Icy conditions from winter storms caused a multiple car pileup and minor injuries on I-80 Thursday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said the accident at the Wright Brothers flyover ramp on eastbound I-80 happened just after 9 p.m. Officers were unsure exactly how many cars were involved, estimating between 10 and 12 vehicles.
The accident closed down the ramp and blocked eastbound lanes on the highway, but police were hoping to have the road open by midnight. Only minor injuries were reported.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 2 Utah high schools ranked among the best in...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Doug Robinson: Memo to the government: Feel...
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 32
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 28
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17