SALT LAKE CITY — Icy conditions from winter storms caused a multiple car pileup and minor injuries on I-80 Thursday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said the accident at the Wright Brothers flyover ramp on eastbound I-80 happened just after 9 p.m. Officers were unsure exactly how many cars were involved, estimating between 10 and 12 vehicles.
The accident closed down the ramp and blocked eastbound lanes on the highway, but police were hoping to have the road open by midnight. Only minor injuries were reported.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8