SALT LAKE CITY — Icy conditions from winter storms caused a multiple car pileup and minor injuries on I-80 Thursday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said the accident at the Wright Brothers flyover ramp on eastbound I-80 happened just after 9 p.m. Officers were unsure exactly how many cars were involved, estimating between 10 and 12 vehicles.
The accident closed down the ramp and blocked eastbound lanes on the highway, but police were hoping to have the road open by midnight. Only minor injuries were reported.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Judge orders girl to stand trial for...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 72
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24