SALT LAKE CITY — Icy conditions from winter storms caused a multiple car pileup and minor injuries on I-80 Thursday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said the accident at the Wright Brothers flyover ramp on eastbound I-80 happened just after 9 p.m. Officers were unsure exactly how many cars were involved, estimating between 10 and 12 vehicles.
The accident closed down the ramp and blocked eastbound lanes on the highway, but police were hoping to have the road open by midnight. Only minor injuries were reported.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15