• Snowbasin, farther north in Weber County, is expanding its snowcat fleet to groom trails for the season and will also expand the existing terrain park.
• Wolf Mountain Resort near Ogden will begin the 2012-13 season under new ownership and management. It's improved its snow-making ability and Wolf Mountain Learning Center Yurt and Kids Zone offers a drop-off learning center for children.
For those who want to enjoy the rush of a mountain without putting on skis or a snowboard, tubing is an alternative. Both Gorgoza Park in Summit County and Soldier Hollow resort in Midway will open for business in a few short weeks. Rates for tubing range from $3 for kids to $33 for adults, tubes included.
For information on special deals and discounting, contact individual resorts. Other bargains can be obtained throughout the season at local ski/snowboard shops as well as warehouse retailers like Costco.
Visit Salt Lake also offers the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass, which allows access to the four resorts in Little Cottonwood Canyon and Big Cottonwood Canyon.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of the...
- Want a better return on your college...
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that health...
- Utah high school students receive engineering...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 18
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey... 10
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 6
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that... 2
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2
- Highly efficient 'passive homes' gain... 1