Duchesne County woman gets prison term for role in 2011 murder
Geoff Liesik, Deseret News
VERNAL — A Duchesne County woman will serve prison time for accompanying her boyfriend to a home in June 2011, where he killed one person and wounded another.
Shadow Marie Reed, of Myton, pleaded guilty in September to aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, assault, a class B misdemeanor, and committing a violent offense in the presence of a child, a class B misdemeanor.
Reed, 24, was ordered Wednesday to serve concurrent sentences of one to 15 years in prison and zero to five years in prison for the felonies, and six months in jail for the misdemeanors.
Police say say Bruce Silva, 24, was upset on June 18, 2011, because someone had vandalized his car. He took a group of people that included Reed, three of his brothers, another man and two women to a home to confront the individuals he believed were responsible.
Silva fired multiple shots, killing James Edward Carey and wounding Jared R. Hurley. He pleaded guilty in May to murder and aggravated assault and was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison and a consecutive one-to-15-year term.
Adrian Silva, Kevin Silva and Alberto Silva Jr. were carrying baseball bats during the altercation. They have all pleaded guilty to reduced charges.
Teaunna Cesspooch, 20, is charged with murder and five other felonies and is undergoing an evaluation to determine whether she is competent to stand trial. Colin Rian Manning, 25, is charged with murder in the second degree while within Indian Country and other charges.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 10
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7