OGDEN — Police have arrested a man in connection with the death of his girlfriend and booked him into jail for investigation of murder.
Ogden police were called on Oct. 20 to the home of Marnie Stark, 38, and her live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Dene White, 43, in the 1300 block of Douglas Avenue on a report of a possible death, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
White had called 911 saying his girlfriend was unresponsive and needed help, she said. Emergency crews found Stark in a bedroom.
Stark was officially pronounced dead a short time later at McKay Dee Hospital. Croyle said there was evidence at the scene that immediately raised red flags for detectives, although she declined Thursday to elaborate.
An autopsy determined the manner of death to be homicide, she said. Police were not releasing Thursday exactly how Stark died.
In addition to homicide, White was also arrested Thursday for investigation of two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. Two children under the age of 10 were in the house at the time of the killing, Croyle said.
In 2006, another woman briefly requested a protective order against White, claiming cohabitant abuse, according to Utah court records.
In 2007, he was found guilty of three counts of assaulting a police officer and damaging a jail. All charges were reduced from felonies to misdemeanors as part of the plea bargain, court records state. In 2004, White was found guilty of misdemeanor theft.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23