Ogden man accused of killing girlfriend in their home
OGDEN — Police have arrested a man in connection with the death of his girlfriend and booked him into jail for investigation of murder.
Ogden police were called on Oct. 20 to the home of Marnie Stark, 38, and her live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Dene White, 43, in the 1300 block of Douglas Avenue on a report of a possible death, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
White had called 911 saying his girlfriend was unresponsive and needed help, she said. Emergency crews found Stark in a bedroom.
Stark was officially pronounced dead a short time later at McKay Dee Hospital. Croyle said there was evidence at the scene that immediately raised red flags for detectives, although she declined Thursday to elaborate.
An autopsy determined the manner of death to be homicide, she said. Police were not releasing Thursday exactly how Stark died.
In addition to homicide, White was also arrested Thursday for investigation of two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. Two children under the age of 10 were in the house at the time of the killing, Croyle said.
In 2006, another woman briefly requested a protective order against White, claiming cohabitant abuse, according to Utah court records.
In 2007, he was found guilty of three counts of assaulting a police officer and damaging a jail. All charges were reduced from felonies to misdemeanors as part of the plea bargain, court records state. In 2004, White was found guilty of misdemeanor theft.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12