Ogden man accused of killing girlfriend in their home
OGDEN — Police have arrested a man in connection with the death of his girlfriend and booked him into jail for investigation of murder.
Ogden police were called on Oct. 20 to the home of Marnie Stark, 38, and her live-in boyfriend, Jeffrey Dene White, 43, in the 1300 block of Douglas Avenue on a report of a possible death, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
White had called 911 saying his girlfriend was unresponsive and needed help, she said. Emergency crews found Stark in a bedroom.
Stark was officially pronounced dead a short time later at McKay Dee Hospital. Croyle said there was evidence at the scene that immediately raised red flags for detectives, although she declined Thursday to elaborate.
An autopsy determined the manner of death to be homicide, she said. Police were not releasing Thursday exactly how Stark died.
In addition to homicide, White was also arrested Thursday for investigation of two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child. Two children under the age of 10 were in the house at the time of the killing, Croyle said.
In 2006, another woman briefly requested a protective order against White, claiming cohabitant abuse, according to Utah court records.
In 2007, he was found guilty of three counts of assaulting a police officer and damaging a jail. All charges were reduced from felonies to misdemeanors as part of the plea bargain, court records state. In 2004, White was found guilty of misdemeanor theft.
Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the NFL,...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 54
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 25
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 25
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 18
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 18
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17