Police ask for public's help to find missing Syracuse man
SYRACUSE — Police are asking for help locating a man who has been missing since Sunday and is considered endangered.
Police say Kenneth Wallace left his Syracuse home on foot Sunday without a cell phone and hasn't been heard from since. Wallace is a white man in his 40s, with dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black hat and jacket, Levis and flip flops.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said officers are concerned Wallace isn't dressed for the cold weather and possible snow.
"Sunday was a much warmer day," Jensen said. "He's pretty responsible and shows up to work, but as of Sunday, he just hasn't shown up for work. He hasn't made phone calls or talked to family or friends."
Wallace disappeared after a verbal argument with his girlfriend Sunday afternoon, Jensen said. Police were notified within an hour of him leaving.
A reverse 911 call Tuesday evening yielded about a dozen phone calls, some indicating Wallace may be in Layton, Jensen said. Police are using a photo of Wallace to confirm the tips.
Officers have interviewed Wallace's family, friends and co-workers with no leads. A K-9 search of the Syracuse area — including homes, trailers, fields and outbuildings — was unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about Wallace can contact the Syracuse Police Department at 801-825-4400.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 40
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- School leaders look for solutions to... 22
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12