Police ask for public's help to find missing Syracuse man
SYRACUSE — Police are asking for help locating a man who has been missing since Sunday and is considered endangered.
Police say Kenneth Wallace left his Syracuse home on foot Sunday without a cell phone and hasn't been heard from since. Wallace is a white man in his 40s, with dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black hat and jacket, Levis and flip flops.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said officers are concerned Wallace isn't dressed for the cold weather and possible snow.
"Sunday was a much warmer day," Jensen said. "He's pretty responsible and shows up to work, but as of Sunday, he just hasn't shown up for work. He hasn't made phone calls or talked to family or friends."
Wallace disappeared after a verbal argument with his girlfriend Sunday afternoon, Jensen said. Police were notified within an hour of him leaving.
A reverse 911 call Tuesday evening yielded about a dozen phone calls, some indicating Wallace may be in Layton, Jensen said. Police are using a photo of Wallace to confirm the tips.
Officers have interviewed Wallace's family, friends and co-workers with no leads. A K-9 search of the Syracuse area — including homes, trailers, fields and outbuildings — was unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about Wallace can contact the Syracuse Police Department at 801-825-4400.
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 29
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 19
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13