Police ask for public's help to find missing Syracuse man
SYRACUSE — Police are asking for help locating a man who has been missing since Sunday and is considered endangered.
Police say Kenneth Wallace left his Syracuse home on foot Sunday without a cell phone and hasn't been heard from since. Wallace is a white man in his 40s, with dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black hat and jacket, Levis and flip flops.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said officers are concerned Wallace isn't dressed for the cold weather and possible snow.
"Sunday was a much warmer day," Jensen said. "He's pretty responsible and shows up to work, but as of Sunday, he just hasn't shown up for work. He hasn't made phone calls or talked to family or friends."
Wallace disappeared after a verbal argument with his girlfriend Sunday afternoon, Jensen said. Police were notified within an hour of him leaving.
A reverse 911 call Tuesday evening yielded about a dozen phone calls, some indicating Wallace may be in Layton, Jensen said. Police are using a photo of Wallace to confirm the tips.
Officers have interviewed Wallace's family, friends and co-workers with no leads. A K-9 search of the Syracuse area — including homes, trailers, fields and outbuildings — was unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about Wallace can contact the Syracuse Police Department at 801-825-4400.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 6-year-old recounts terror of man breaking...
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 13
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 12