Police ask for public's help to find missing Syracuse man
SYRACUSE — Police are asking for help locating a man who has been missing since Sunday and is considered endangered.
Police say Kenneth Wallace left his Syracuse home on foot Sunday without a cell phone and hasn't been heard from since. Wallace is a white man in his 40s, with dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black hat and jacket, Levis and flip flops.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said officers are concerned Wallace isn't dressed for the cold weather and possible snow.
"Sunday was a much warmer day," Jensen said. "He's pretty responsible and shows up to work, but as of Sunday, he just hasn't shown up for work. He hasn't made phone calls or talked to family or friends."
Wallace disappeared after a verbal argument with his girlfriend Sunday afternoon, Jensen said. Police were notified within an hour of him leaving.
A reverse 911 call Tuesday evening yielded about a dozen phone calls, some indicating Wallace may be in Layton, Jensen said. Police are using a photo of Wallace to confirm the tips.
Officers have interviewed Wallace's family, friends and co-workers with no leads. A K-9 search of the Syracuse area — including homes, trailers, fields and outbuildings — was unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about Wallace can contact the Syracuse Police Department at 801-825-4400.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13