SYRACUSE — Police are asking for help locating a man who has been missing since Sunday and is considered endangered.
Police say Kenneth Wallace left his Syracuse home on foot Sunday without a cell phone and hasn't been heard from since. Wallace is a white man in his 40s, with dark hair and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black hat and jacket, Levis and flip flops.
Syracuse Police Lt. Tracy Jensen said officers are concerned Wallace isn't dressed for the cold weather and possible snow.
"Sunday was a much warmer day," Jensen said. "He's pretty responsible and shows up to work, but as of Sunday, he just hasn't shown up for work. He hasn't made phone calls or talked to family or friends."
Wallace disappeared after a verbal argument with his girlfriend Sunday afternoon, Jensen said. Police were notified within an hour of him leaving.
A reverse 911 call Tuesday evening yielded about a dozen phone calls, some indicating Wallace may be in Layton, Jensen said. Police are using a photo of Wallace to confirm the tips.
Officers have interviewed Wallace's family, friends and co-workers with no leads. A K-9 search of the Syracuse area — including homes, trailers, fields and outbuildings — was unsuccessful.
Anyone with information about Wallace can contact the Syracuse Police Department at 801-825-4400.
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 30
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Young adults are faced with risky... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11