Laura Seitz, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Living Planet Aquarium began construction of its 136,000-square-foot, $20 million expansion with a groundbreaking event on Wednesday at 12033 S. Lone Peak Parkway.
The new facility is set to open December 2013. The aquarium's current Sandy location will close Sept. 8, 2013, to allow for transition into the new building.
- Josh Powell made 'admission of guilt' in...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- S.L. draws up airport plans 31
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 21
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 20
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 16