Laura Seitz, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Living Planet Aquarium began construction of its 136,000-square-foot, $20 million expansion with a groundbreaking event on Wednesday at 12033 S. Lone Peak Parkway.
The new facility is set to open December 2013. The aquarium's current Sandy location will close Sept. 8, 2013, to allow for transition into the new building.
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10