Laura Seitz, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Living Planet Aquarium began construction of its 136,000-square-foot, $20 million expansion with a groundbreaking event on Wednesday at 12033 S. Lone Peak Parkway.
The new facility is set to open December 2013. The aquarium's current Sandy location will close Sept. 8, 2013, to allow for transition into the new building.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8