SALT LAKE CITY — They're back and my, oh my, have they changed.
The University of Utah men's basketball team's annual "Night with the Runnin' Utes" is set for Wednesday, 7 p.m., in the Huntsman Center. Admission to the full-speed scrimmage is free.
Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak's second season at helm features a revamped roster featuring only three returnees — Jason Washburn, Cedric Martin and Alex Mortensen — from the 2011-12 squad that went 6-25 overall. They're joined on this season's active roster by Dallin Bachynski, Glen Dean, Aaron Dotson, Jarred DuBois, Renan Lenz, Jordan Loveridge, Jeremy Olsen, Ryan Osterloh, Xan Ricketts, Justin Seymour, Brandon Taylor and Dakarai Tucker.
The players will sign autographs for fans after the game on the court.
Utah opens the season with an exhibition game at home against Simon Fraser on Nov. 2. The Utes open the regular season a week later against Willamette.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 82
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 37