UVU soccer: Goalkeeper Lauren Sack named GWC Player of the Week
NAPERVILLE, Ill. -- Utah Valley University soccer goalkeeper Lauren Sack has been named the Great West Conference Defensive Player of the Week, as announced Tuesday by the league office. This is the second time this season Sack has taken the award, as she received the same honor earlier in the month on Oct. 2.
Delaware State's Taylor Addison was recognized as the Offensive POW.
Sack, a junior from Reno, Nev., recorded her third clean sheet on the season in a win over conference-foe Houston Baptist. She stopped seven shots as the Wolverines grabbed a 2-0 victory to claim sole possession of first place in the GWC standings.
Addison, a freshman from Mt. Vernon, N.Y., scored two goals in a 2-1 conference victory over South Carolina State this past week. The forward scored the game-winner after taking the ball 50-plus yards down the field before placing the ball in the top right portion of the net in the 62nd minute. She tied the game in the 34th minute, with an open net goal from five yards out off an assist by teammate Kelly Pelz-Butler. The goals were Addison's third and fourth of her rookie year. In total, she recorded five shots with three on goal in the game.
Also nominated were Delaware State's goalie Katelyn Koslosky, Houston Baptist's defender Blake Martin, NJIT's midfielder Meryl Hershfield and goalkeeper Samantha Bersett, and Utah Valley's midfielder Robison.
Kellen Hiser is sports information assistant at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33