Each step I take will leave its mark, for each step leads me somewhere. And though the end is dim to sight, the steps I take, if true and right, will bring me exaltation. I know I do not walk alone. My footsteps are protected by one who cares to see my life shine forth in beauty and love and light — exalted and perfected (excerpt from seminary song, "Quest," lyrics by Susan Evans McCloud, 1977).
And our knowledge of “that One” helps us in our quest to gain knowledge of ourselves. And with that knowledge comes light, joy and power to become like him — because we are his — and he is most truly ours.
Brigham Young, in "Journal of Discourses," said, "There is no spirit but what was pure and holy when it came here from the celestial world. They were not produced by any being less than our Father in heaven. He is the Father of our spirits; and if we could know, understand, and do his will, every soul would be prepared to return back into his presence.
"And when they get there, they would see that they had formerly lived there for ages, that they had previously been acquainted with every nook and corner, with the palaces, walks and gardens; and they would embrace their Father, and He would embrace them and say, ‘My son, my daughter, I have you again.’ And the child would say, ‘O my Father, my Father, I am here again.’ ”
Susan Evans McCloud is author of more than 40 books and has published screenplays, a book of poetry and lyrics, including two songs in the LDS hymnbook. She has six children and blogs at susanevansmccloud.blogspot.com.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5