Photo gallery: Legislators, license plate collector team to debut 'In God We Trust' license plate
SALT LAKE CITY — America's Freedom Festival at Provo is partnering with state Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, and state Rep. Val Peterson, R-Orem, to sponsor the first license plate in Utah with the U.S. national motto "In God We Trust."
The idea for the new plate comes from Tate Christensen, an 11-year-old license plate collector from Salt Lake City and the nephew of Mike Mower, Gov. Gary Herbert’s deputy chief of staff.
“From Iowa to Virginia to Florida, drivers in many states can purchase license plates with the inspiring mottos ‘God Bless America’ or ‘In God We Trust’,” said Paul Warner, Executive Director of America’s Freedom Festival at Provo. “Shouldn’t Utah have something similar?”
State law requires that 500 Utahns pre-order a new license plate before it becomes available to the public. Information on preordering the plate can be found at freedomfestival.org .
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26