Photo gallery: Legislators, license plate collector team to debut 'In God We Trust' license plate
SALT LAKE CITY — America's Freedom Festival at Provo is partnering with state Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, and state Rep. Val Peterson, R-Orem, to sponsor the first license plate in Utah with the U.S. national motto "In God We Trust."
The idea for the new plate comes from Tate Christensen, an 11-year-old license plate collector from Salt Lake City and the nephew of Mike Mower, Gov. Gary Herbert’s deputy chief of staff.
“From Iowa to Virginia to Florida, drivers in many states can purchase license plates with the inspiring mottos ‘God Bless America’ or ‘In God We Trust’,” said Paul Warner, Executive Director of America’s Freedom Festival at Provo. “Shouldn’t Utah have something similar?”
State law requires that 500 Utahns pre-order a new license plate before it becomes available to the public. Information on preordering the plate can be found at freedomfestival.org .
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 114
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20