Photo gallery: Legislators, license plate collector team to debut 'In God We Trust' license plate
SALT LAKE CITY — America's Freedom Festival at Provo is partnering with state Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, and state Rep. Val Peterson, R-Orem, to sponsor the first license plate in Utah with the U.S. national motto "In God We Trust."
The idea for the new plate comes from Tate Christensen, an 11-year-old license plate collector from Salt Lake City and the nephew of Mike Mower, Gov. Gary Herbert’s deputy chief of staff.
“From Iowa to Virginia to Florida, drivers in many states can purchase license plates with the inspiring mottos ‘God Bless America’ or ‘In God We Trust’,” said Paul Warner, Executive Director of America’s Freedom Festival at Provo. “Shouldn’t Utah have something similar?”
State law requires that 500 Utahns pre-order a new license plate before it becomes available to the public. Information on preordering the plate can be found at freedomfestival.org .
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12