PORTLAND — The Utah Jazz fell to the Portland Trail Blazers by a final score of 120-114, Monday night.
Portland's Nicolas Batum led all scorers with 27 points on 9-15 shooting and 5-8 from deep. Weber State alum Damian Lillard poured in 21 points and eight assists for his team. Portland shot 57.5 percent from the field and 48 percent from behind the 3-point line against the Jazz. Portland had five players with double-figures in scoring.
Enes Kanter led the Jazz in scoring, with 18 points on 7-7 shooting from the field. The Jazz had six players with double-figures in scoring in the game that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The Jazz got down early, trailing 70-46 at half and by as much as 27 in the third quarter.
The Jazz are 4-3 and the Blazers are 3-3 during the preseason.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45