PORTLAND — The Utah Jazz fell to the Portland Trail Blazers by a final score of 120-114, Monday night.
Portland's Nicolas Batum led all scorers with 27 points on 9-15 shooting and 5-8 from deep. Weber State alum Damian Lillard poured in 21 points and eight assists for his team. Portland shot 57.5 percent from the field and 48 percent from behind the 3-point line against the Jazz. Portland had five players with double-figures in scoring.
Enes Kanter led the Jazz in scoring, with 18 points on 7-7 shooting from the field. The Jazz had six players with double-figures in scoring in the game that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The Jazz got down early, trailing 70-46 at half and by as much as 27 in the third quarter.
The Jazz are 4-3 and the Blazers are 3-3 during the preseason.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28