PORTLAND — The Utah Jazz fell to the Portland Trail Blazers by a final score of 120-114, Monday night.
Portland's Nicolas Batum led all scorers with 27 points on 9-15 shooting and 5-8 from deep. Weber State alum Damian Lillard poured in 21 points and eight assists for his team. Portland shot 57.5 percent from the field and 48 percent from behind the 3-point line against the Jazz. Portland had five players with double-figures in scoring.
Enes Kanter led the Jazz in scoring, with 18 points on 7-7 shooting from the field. The Jazz had six players with double-figures in scoring in the game that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The Jazz got down early, trailing 70-46 at half and by as much as 27 in the third quarter.
The Jazz are 4-3 and the Blazers are 3-3 during the preseason.
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22