PORTLAND — The Utah Jazz fell to the Portland Trail Blazers by a final score of 120-114, Monday night.
Portland's Nicolas Batum led all scorers with 27 points on 9-15 shooting and 5-8 from deep. Weber State alum Damian Lillard poured in 21 points and eight assists for his team. Portland shot 57.5 percent from the field and 48 percent from behind the 3-point line against the Jazz. Portland had five players with double-figures in scoring.
Enes Kanter led the Jazz in scoring, with 18 points on 7-7 shooting from the field. The Jazz had six players with double-figures in scoring in the game that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The Jazz got down early, trailing 70-46 at half and by as much as 27 in the third quarter.
The Jazz are 4-3 and the Blazers are 3-3 during the preseason.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35