PORTLAND — The Utah Jazz fell to the Portland Trail Blazers by a final score of 120-114, Monday night.
Portland's Nicolas Batum led all scorers with 27 points on 9-15 shooting and 5-8 from deep. Weber State alum Damian Lillard poured in 21 points and eight assists for his team. Portland shot 57.5 percent from the field and 48 percent from behind the 3-point line against the Jazz. Portland had five players with double-figures in scoring.
Enes Kanter led the Jazz in scoring, with 18 points on 7-7 shooting from the field. The Jazz had six players with double-figures in scoring in the game that wasn't as close as the final score would indicate. The Jazz got down early, trailing 70-46 at half and by as much as 27 in the third quarter.
The Jazz are 4-3 and the Blazers are 3-3 during the preseason.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28