Three-ingredient cookie that is perfect for an after-school snack
Nothing says fall like a warm plate of cookies when the kids come home from school. When my children were young and this season rolled around each year, I realized that not only did I have to plan dinner, but also an after-school snack. The kids were always famished when they got home and if I didn’t plan right, they would eat all the cereal in the house and not be hungry for dinner.
Some important things I learned were they needed some protein to tide the hunger, but what they wanted was a sweet treat. I was able to accomplish both in my super simple, three-ingredient peanut butter cookies. This recipe is as easy as one, two, three or actually one, one, one. One cup of sugar, one egg and one cup of peanut butter. That is really all this recipe requires. It’s hard to believe that these cookies are flour-free and so moist and delicious.
Give your kids or yourself a sweet and protein-filled snack that will satisfy the hunger and the sweet tooth at the same time.
BELLE’S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy doesn’t work)
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
Mix together well and shape dough into teaspoon-size balls. Roll to coat in extra sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Do a crisscross on top of each cookie with a fork. Bake at 350 degress for about 10 minutes. Cookies will be soft when removed from the oven and turn crunchy as they cool.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of
twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and
novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a rhythm in...
- A black and white Valentine’s Day:...
- A 'twitterpated feeling': Lead dancers relate...
- A history of ‘Pride and...
- Friendship, love, forgiveness abound in...
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art tackles...
- Utah Film Center's 2016 Peek Award honors...
- Chris Hicks: Documentaries, foreign films...
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a... 2
- A history of ‘Pride and... 1
- Utah Film Center's 2016 Peek Award... 0
- Chris Hicks: Documentaries, foreign... 0
- Steve Eaton: There’s a major... 0
- It's springtime for Salt Lake —... 0
- Book review: Blackbeard origin story... 0
- Friendship, love, forgiveness abound in... 0