Today in the Bloggernacle: Friendly coverage in Alabama and President Monson on 'To the Rescue'
Friendly climate: The Alabama Birmingham Mission missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were featured in the news over the weekend. They described the climate for Mormon missionaries since “Mitt Romney's run for president sparks questions for Mormons in Alabama.” Mission President Richard Holzapfel explains that “There's no doubt we've noticed a significant difference in climate. The biggest change is people are more friendly.” Cool. Click in to see more of this positive portrayal.
President Monson: “I want the Lord to know that if he ever has an errand to run, Tom Monson will run that errand for him.” So ends this beautiful new video that describes how Heidi Swinton came up with the title of President Monson’s Biography. And as the quote above shows, this video features LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson’s own personal explanation of what “To the Rescue” means.
LDS Tools: Last week I explained that LDS Tools for iOS was unavailable but am now happy to report that this weekend the “LDS Tools 2.1.1” was released in Apple's App Store. Hooray! Click in to see what this new version brings. And upgrade for free today!
FHE idea: With autumn colors ablaze for many of us, “The Beauty of Nature is a Gift from God: FHE Idea” is a perfect subject for a family home evening lesson. Start with going “on a walk as a family. Point out birds, trees, clouds, etc. Then once you’ve gotten home again and have settled down for the lesson ask each member of your family what their favorite part of the walk was. Emphasize the all the beautiful things you’ve seen.” Click in to read the whole lesson
Heidi Swinton talks about "To the Rescue"
Heidi Swinton, who is the author of President Thomas S. Monson's biography titled "To the Rescue," talks about taking on the assignment and coming up with a title for the book.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares details...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the Mormon...
- LDS missionaries cover David Archuleta's...
- Who decides if a law restricts a religious...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- 'Meet the Mormons' now available for...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 137
- Jerry Earl Johnston: Do you fit the... 22
- Who decides if a law restricts a... 19
- 'Saturday's Warrior' director shares... 11
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Who are ‘the least of... 6
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4