Fire crews conquer fire burning at Lake Mountain, Utah County
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Crews were successfully able to contain a more than 380-acre wildfire that scorched shrub and grasslands on Dutchman Ridge in the Lake Mountain area in Utah County.
The weekend fire started Saturday afternoon and was reportedly sparked by target hunters. Information released by state fire officials indicates the fire was fanned by winds and mild temperatures, quickly spreading from just a few acres to over several hundred.
Called the Dutchman fire, the flames did not destroy any structures and crews declared it contained and controlled by Sunday afternoon.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9