Fire crews conquer fire burning at Lake Mountain, Utah County
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Crews were successfully able to contain a more than 380-acre wildfire that scorched shrub and grasslands on Dutchman Ridge in the Lake Mountain area in Utah County.
The weekend fire started Saturday afternoon and was reportedly sparked by target hunters. Information released by state fire officials indicates the fire was fanned by winds and mild temperatures, quickly spreading from just a few acres to over several hundred.
Called the Dutchman fire, the flames did not destroy any structures and crews declared it contained and controlled by Sunday afternoon.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20