Fire crews conquer fire burning at Lake Mountain, Utah County
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Crews were successfully able to contain a more than 380-acre wildfire that scorched shrub and grasslands on Dutchman Ridge in the Lake Mountain area in Utah County.
The weekend fire started Saturday afternoon and was reportedly sparked by target hunters. Information released by state fire officials indicates the fire was fanned by winds and mild temperatures, quickly spreading from just a few acres to over several hundred.
Called the Dutchman fire, the flames did not destroy any structures and crews declared it contained and controlled by Sunday afternoon.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 48
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 22
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18