Fire crews conquer fire burning at Lake Mountain, Utah County
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Crews were successfully able to contain a more than 380-acre wildfire that scorched shrub and grasslands on Dutchman Ridge in the Lake Mountain area in Utah County.
The weekend fire started Saturday afternoon and was reportedly sparked by target hunters. Information released by state fire officials indicates the fire was fanned by winds and mild temperatures, quickly spreading from just a few acres to over several hundred.
Called the Dutchman fire, the flames did not destroy any structures and crews declared it contained and controlled by Sunday afternoon.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7