Fire crews conquer fire burning at Lake Mountain, Utah County
SARATOGA SPRINGS — Crews were successfully able to contain a more than 380-acre wildfire that scorched shrub and grasslands on Dutchman Ridge in the Lake Mountain area in Utah County.
The weekend fire started Saturday afternoon and was reportedly sparked by target hunters. Information released by state fire officials indicates the fire was fanned by winds and mild temperatures, quickly spreading from just a few acres to over several hundred.
Called the Dutchman fire, the flames did not destroy any structures and crews declared it contained and controlled by Sunday afternoon.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9