Utah State golf: Aggie golfers conclude fall season at Cal State Northridge hosted Bill Cullum Invitational
The Utah State's men's golf team will conclude its fall schedule this week at the Bill Cullum Invitational hosted by Cal State Northridge in Simi Valley, Calif., at the Wood Ranch Golf Club.
The 54-hole tournament gets underway Monday, Oct. 22, at 9:45 a.m. (MT) with two rounds followed by the final round Tuesday, Oct. 23, beginning at 9 a.m. (MT).
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for 12th out of 14 teams at the UMKC hosted Bill Ross Intercollegiate with a 46-over 910 (301-298-311). USU’s top finisher was Jeon, who tied for 35th with a 10-over 226 (71-75-80).
Utah State finished in 13th place at the 2011 Bill Cullum Invitational with a 53-over 917 (305-302-310). Dennis is the only current Aggie who played in last year’s tournament and finished tied for 76th with a 21-over 237 (80-73-84).
So far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 73.50 to lead the team, followed by Platke (74.42), Jeon (74.50), Sayer (75.67) and Dennis (75.78).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 74
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40