Utah State golf: Aggie golfers conclude fall season at Cal State Northridge hosted Bill Cullum Invitational
The Utah State's men's golf team will conclude its fall schedule this week at the Bill Cullum Invitational hosted by Cal State Northridge in Simi Valley, Calif., at the Wood Ranch Golf Club.
The 54-hole tournament gets underway Monday, Oct. 22, at 9:45 a.m. (MT) with two rounds followed by the final round Tuesday, Oct. 23, beginning at 9 a.m. (MT).
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished tied for 12th out of 14 teams at the UMKC hosted Bill Ross Intercollegiate with a 46-over 910 (301-298-311). USU’s top finisher was Jeon, who tied for 35th with a 10-over 226 (71-75-80).
Utah State finished in 13th place at the 2011 Bill Cullum Invitational with a 53-over 917 (305-302-310). Dennis is the only current Aggie who played in last year’s tournament and finished tied for 76th with a 21-over 237 (80-73-84).
So far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 73.50 to lead the team, followed by Platke (74.42), Jeon (74.50), Sayer (75.67) and Dennis (75.78).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14