Roy man recovering after shooting self with black powder rifle
SNOWVILLE — A 53-year-old Roy man is in critical but stable condition after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a black powder rifle Saturday.
The man was attempting to remove the firearm from the backseat of his vehicle when it discharged, striking him in the upper right area of his chest, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
The wounded man then drove himself about 12 miles from the Locamotive Springs area to Kelton where he was able to call 911. He was transported by medical helicopter to a hospital in Ogden.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 27
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16