Roy man recovering after shooting self with black powder rifle
SNOWVILLE — A 53-year-old Roy man is in critical but stable condition after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a black powder rifle Saturday.
The man was attempting to remove the firearm from the backseat of his vehicle when it discharged, striking him in the upper right area of his chest, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
The wounded man then drove himself about 12 miles from the Locamotive Springs area to Kelton where he was able to call 911. He was transported by medical helicopter to a hospital in Ogden.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8