Roy man recovering after shooting self with black powder rifle
SNOWVILLE — A 53-year-old Roy man is in critical but stable condition after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a black powder rifle Saturday.
The man was attempting to remove the firearm from the backseat of his vehicle when it discharged, striking him in the upper right area of his chest, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
The wounded man then drove himself about 12 miles from the Locamotive Springs area to Kelton where he was able to call 911. He was transported by medical helicopter to a hospital in Ogden.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 52
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 28
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12