Roy man recovering after shooting self with black powder rifle
SNOWVILLE — A 53-year-old Roy man is in critical but stable condition after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a black powder rifle Saturday.
The man was attempting to remove the firearm from the backseat of his vehicle when it discharged, striking him in the upper right area of his chest, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
The wounded man then drove himself about 12 miles from the Locamotive Springs area to Kelton where he was able to call 911. He was transported by medical helicopter to a hospital in Ogden.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 17
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9