Roy man recovering after shooting self with black powder rifle
SNOWVILLE — A 53-year-old Roy man is in critical but stable condition after accidentally shooting himself in the chest with a black powder rifle Saturday.
The man was attempting to remove the firearm from the backseat of his vehicle when it discharged, striking him in the upper right area of his chest, according to the Box Elder County Sheriff's office.
The wounded man then drove himself about 12 miles from the Locamotive Springs area to Kelton where he was able to call 911. He was transported by medical helicopter to a hospital in Ogden.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13