SALT LAKE CITY — A 15-year-old Santa Clara girl that was buried in sand when a hole she was playing in collapsed died Saturday.
Whitney Webb passed away Saturday evening at Primary Children's Medical Center, according to a hospital spokesperson.
Webb and three younger siblings had dug a hole roughly 4 feet deep and had been playing in it Friday afternoon. At some point the hole caved in on her.
She was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George where they were able to regain a pulse, according to Washington County sheriff's deputy Shauna Jones, at which point she was flown to Primary Children's.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11