Santa Clara teen dies at hospital after accident at Snow Canyon State Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A 15-year-old Santa Clara girl that was buried in sand when a hole she was playing in collapsed died Saturday.
Whitney Webb passed away Saturday evening at Primary Children's Medical Center, according to a hospital spokesperson.
Webb and three younger siblings had dug a hole roughly 4 feet deep and had been playing in it Friday afternoon. At some point the hole caved in on her.
She was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George where they were able to regain a pulse, according to Washington County sheriff's deputy Shauna Jones, at which point she was flown to Primary Children's.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18