SALT LAKE CITY — A 15-year-old Santa Clara girl that was buried in sand when a hole she was playing in collapsed died Saturday.
Whitney Webb passed away Saturday evening at Primary Children's Medical Center, according to a hospital spokesperson.
Webb and three younger siblings had dug a hole roughly 4 feet deep and had been playing in it Friday afternoon. At some point the hole caved in on her.
She was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George where they were able to regain a pulse, according to Washington County sheriff's deputy Shauna Jones, at which point she was flown to Primary Children's.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 18
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 14
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11