SALT LAKE CITY — A 15-year-old Santa Clara girl that was buried in sand when a hole she was playing in collapsed died Saturday.
Whitney Webb passed away Saturday evening at Primary Children's Medical Center, according to a hospital spokesperson.
Webb and three younger siblings had dug a hole roughly 4 feet deep and had been playing in it Friday afternoon. At some point the hole caved in on her.
She was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George where they were able to regain a pulse, according to Washington County sheriff's deputy Shauna Jones, at which point she was flown to Primary Children's.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Honeyville man, 39, identified as avalanche...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20