LAS VEGAS – The BYU men’s tennis team wrapped up its play at the ITA Regional Championships in Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center on Saturday.
“I was pleased with our effort this week. I thought our guys fought hard in every match,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “It would have been nice to have some guys go deeper in the tournament but overall our players represented BYU well with their efforts.”
The doubles team of junior Travis Fillmore and sophomore Francis Sargeant faced up against Utah’s No. 6 seed of Slim Hamza and Devin Lane in the doubles quarterfinals. After winning its first two matches of the tournament, the duo fell this time, 8-4, and were eliminated from the tournament.
The final match of the tournament will be played Sunday. The final results can been seen on USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7