LAS VEGAS – The BYU men’s tennis team wrapped up its play at the ITA Regional Championships in Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center on Saturday.
“I was pleased with our effort this week. I thought our guys fought hard in every match,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “It would have been nice to have some guys go deeper in the tournament but overall our players represented BYU well with their efforts.”
The doubles team of junior Travis Fillmore and sophomore Francis Sargeant faced up against Utah’s No. 6 seed of Slim Hamza and Devin Lane in the doubles quarterfinals. After winning its first two matches of the tournament, the duo fell this time, 8-4, and were eliminated from the tournament.
The final match of the tournament will be played Sunday. The final results can been seen on USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 138
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21