LAS VEGAS – The BYU men’s tennis team wrapped up its play at the ITA Regional Championships in Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center on Saturday.
“I was pleased with our effort this week. I thought our guys fought hard in every match,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “It would have been nice to have some guys go deeper in the tournament but overall our players represented BYU well with their efforts.”
The doubles team of junior Travis Fillmore and sophomore Francis Sargeant faced up against Utah’s No. 6 seed of Slim Hamza and Devin Lane in the doubles quarterfinals. After winning its first two matches of the tournament, the duo fell this time, 8-4, and were eliminated from the tournament.
The final match of the tournament will be played Sunday. The final results can been seen on USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37