LAS VEGAS – The BYU men’s tennis team wrapped up its play at the ITA Regional Championships in Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center on Saturday.
“I was pleased with our effort this week. I thought our guys fought hard in every match,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “It would have been nice to have some guys go deeper in the tournament but overall our players represented BYU well with their efforts.”
The doubles team of junior Travis Fillmore and sophomore Francis Sargeant faced up against Utah’s No. 6 seed of Slim Hamza and Devin Lane in the doubles quarterfinals. After winning its first two matches of the tournament, the duo fell this time, 8-4, and were eliminated from the tournament.
The final match of the tournament will be played Sunday. The final results can been seen on USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19