LAS VEGAS – The BYU men’s tennis team wrapped up its play at the ITA Regional Championships in Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center on Saturday.
“I was pleased with our effort this week. I thought our guys fought hard in every match,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “It would have been nice to have some guys go deeper in the tournament but overall our players represented BYU well with their efforts.”
The doubles team of junior Travis Fillmore and sophomore Francis Sargeant faced up against Utah’s No. 6 seed of Slim Hamza and Devin Lane in the doubles quarterfinals. After winning its first two matches of the tournament, the duo fell this time, 8-4, and were eliminated from the tournament.
The final match of the tournament will be played Sunday. The final results can been seen on USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34