Book review: 'My First Book of Temples' helps teach children about temples
“MY FIRST BOOK OF TEMPLES,” by Deanna Draper Buck, illustrated by Casey Nelson, Deseret Book, $15.99 (nf)
Deanna Draper Buck and Casey Nelson’s new boardbook, “My First Book of Temples” can be a good tool to help teach young children about temples.
Each spread logically follows topics of what temples are, sacred places, ancient and modern temples, when and how a person can go in a temple along with basic descriptions of baptisms for the dead, the endowment along with marriages and sealings.
The text is more than what would be in a typical board book, but is needed to help explain the different aspects of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in an easy-to-understand way.
It’s also simple enough that the reader can bring in their own temple experiences, like bringing up when their family went to an open house or when a relative had a temple sealing.
Casey Nelson’s drawings of temples and scenes throughout show the diversity of the temples and the LDS Church.
This boardbook is another in Buck’s My First Books series, that include similar books with stories from the scriptures, including the Book of Mormon and the New and Old Testaments and presidents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5