Book review: 'My First Book of Temples' helps teach children about temples
“MY FIRST BOOK OF TEMPLES,” by Deanna Draper Buck, illustrated by Casey Nelson, Deseret Book, $15.99 (nf)
Deanna Draper Buck and Casey Nelson’s new boardbook, “My First Book of Temples” can be a good tool to help teach young children about temples.
Each spread logically follows topics of what temples are, sacred places, ancient and modern temples, when and how a person can go in a temple along with basic descriptions of baptisms for the dead, the endowment along with marriages and sealings.
The text is more than what would be in a typical board book, but is needed to help explain the different aspects of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in an easy-to-understand way.
It’s also simple enough that the reader can bring in their own temple experiences, like bringing up when their family went to an open house or when a relative had a temple sealing.
Casey Nelson’s drawings of temples and scenes throughout show the diversity of the temples and the LDS Church.
This boardbook is another in Buck’s My First Books series, that include similar books with stories from the scriptures, including the Book of Mormon and the New and Old Testaments and presidents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- Mormon woman will be first female West Point...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- One organization demands 25 public...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 239
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 104
- LDS Church releases statement after... 27
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 23
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 7
- President Eyring dedicates first temple... 5