The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art has announced a new program called "Artist-in-Residence," a long-term initiative designed to meet the specific needs of artists living in Utah.
It will launch during the first quarter of 2013.
Artists from Utah will be chosen based on commitment to working in a contemporary group, willingness to participate in a concentrated and intelligently engaged community of artists, as well as demonstrating artistic potential and readiness to devote the time to advance their professional careers.
“We are excited to provide the artists with a program that supports their studio practice while developing their professional careers and through this support, fosters an engaging community of contemporary artists,” said Jared Steffensen, curator of education at UMOCA.
Residents of UMOCA will receive a wide range of benefits. They include: up to two years of free studio space inside the museum, private meetings with national curators, critics and other art professionals, access to numerous workshops, opportunities to visit artists and lecturers, a week-long working vacation and more.
“Our goal with the new residency program is to make it possible for Utah artists to pursue successful careers at the national level while maintaining their homes here in this state,” said Adam Price, executive director at UMOCA.
Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please visit www.utahmoca.org for more information.
Kylie Lewis is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She recently graduated from Brigham Young University- Idaho, receiving her bachelor's in Communications.
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney films...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for the Star...
- Book review: 'Wreckage' shares story of plane...
- Utah Symphony gets standing ovation at N.Y.'s...
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at Hale...
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: All the world's a staged...
- Hale theater looks ahead to '17 season as...
- It's May the Fourth: What's next for... 2
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye,... 2
- Utah Symphony gets standing ovation at... 1
- Five for Families: Live-action Disney... 0
- Book review: 'Wreckage' shares story of... 0
- Haunting, thoughtful 'Jane Eyre' at... 0
- Odysseo extends stay in Utah to May 30 0
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: All the world's a... 0