Video game review: New Nintendo DS game features the fun and wonder of 'Finding Nemo'
The bright colors and wonder of the undersea world are the stars in a new video game for the Nintendo 3DS system: "Finding Nemo: Escape to the Big Blue Special Edition."
Kids can relive the Disney Pixar classic about a timid clown fish who sets out on a journey to bring his son home. The game's release was timed perfectly with the release of the 3-D version of the beloved movie.
The game includes more than 30 mini-games and allows kids to choose to play as one of the film's key "Finding Nemo" characters: Nemo, Dory and Marlin. During game play, kids can watch "Finding Nemo 3D" movie clips right on their Nintendo 3DS systems.
Kids will find three different game modes: Baggy mode, where the characters are in a "baggy" and need help rolling out to sea; Mini-games, where players can earn sea tokens; and Interactive Reef, where kids can redeem their sea tokens to "purchase" items to personalize their very own reef or aquarium.
Kids with a wide variety in age can enjoy this game. It's recommended for ages 6-12. The mini-games can be played by the very young set in a simple way, and older kids playing the same mini-game can go for higher points and pile up the tokens. The possibility to buy accessories for the Interactive Reef follows a huge trend in kids' online gaming, and parents will appreciate the fact that tokens can be earned by gameplay rather than having to fork out more money.
Even a 13-year-old tester, while skeptical at first that it would be only fun for little kids, found the mini-games "surprisingly fun" and "addictive." The addition of clips from the actual "Finding Nemo" movie adds to the appeal of the game. One tester couldn't wait to rewatch the classic movie after playing the game.
Families in search of fun, clean games for the kids will love this new addition to the Nintendo 3DS catalog.
- Bill Cosby is ordered to stand trial in sex case
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a special...
- Video game adaptation 'Angry Birds Movie'...
- 'Floating down the Mississippi': 'Big River'...
- Book review: Weston's 'The Mirror Test'...
- Chris Hicks: Carol Burnett, ‘Angie...
- Pianist Jason Lyle Black's debut 'Piano...
- Mom's 'happy Chewbacca' video shatters... 6
- DC movie universe hit with fallout from... 5
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Goodbye,... 4
- 'Stomping out the stigma': A look at... 3
- Chris Hicks: ‘Joy’ and a... 1
- 'Castle' is done, so let's bring back... 1
- Pelé biopic 'Birth of a Legend'... 1
- Video game adaptation 'Angry Birds... 1