COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — The city's first city manager is stepping down after nearly eight years on the job.
Liane Stillman said she will continue in her current position until the City Council appoints her replacement.
“Everybody leaves their job eventually, and it’s good to leave when the time is right,” said Stillman, who has said she is looking to spend more time with her family. “The timing is good for the city. The department heads and elected officials are stable and are leading the city well.”
Stillman’s history with Cottonwood Heights began long before the city was formed in 2005. Having worked for nearly a decade to help residents in Holladay petition Salt Lake County for incorporation, she was recruited by the Cottonwood Heights Community Council to help organize its incorporation effort as well. She spent two years working toward that goal.
“I became impressed with this community,” she said. “I was impressed with the leadership, with the community’s commitment, and with the uniqueness of this lovely area.”
After the successful vote to incorporate, Stillman decided to apply to be the city’s first manager and was appointed by the City Council in November 2004.
“We chose Liane because she had specific experience in starting a new city,” said Mayor Kelvyn Cullimore, Jr. “She learned firsthand how to run all the traps of starting a municipality. That experience has proven critical to assuring our success.”
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9