COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — The city's first city manager is stepping down after nearly eight years on the job.
Liane Stillman said she will continue in her current position until the City Council appoints her replacement.
“Everybody leaves their job eventually, and it’s good to leave when the time is right,” said Stillman, who has said she is looking to spend more time with her family. “The timing is good for the city. The department heads and elected officials are stable and are leading the city well.”
Stillman’s history with Cottonwood Heights began long before the city was formed in 2005. Having worked for nearly a decade to help residents in Holladay petition Salt Lake County for incorporation, she was recruited by the Cottonwood Heights Community Council to help organize its incorporation effort as well. She spent two years working toward that goal.
“I became impressed with this community,” she said. “I was impressed with the leadership, with the community’s commitment, and with the uniqueness of this lovely area.”
After the successful vote to incorporate, Stillman decided to apply to be the city’s first manager and was appointed by the City Council in November 2004.
“We chose Liane because she had specific experience in starting a new city,” said Mayor Kelvyn Cullimore, Jr. “She learned firsthand how to run all the traps of starting a municipality. That experience has proven critical to assuring our success.”
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 59
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16