Cache County man arrested for alleged sexual assault on child
HYRUM, Cache County — An 18-year-old Hyrum man has been arrested after allegedly abusing a young relative.
Allen Bertoch was arrested around 1 a.m. Wednesday after a family member called police and reported the alleged abuse, Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen said. A conversation with the victim confirmed reports that she had been sexually assaulted by the man three times.
It was reported that the man gave the minor some type of medication to make her "sleepy," though what that medication might have been is currently unknown.
Jensen said Bertoch was cooperative in the investigation and confessed to the alleged assaults. The alleged victim said this was the first time such an assault occurred.
Bertoch is being held in Cache County Jail for investigation of sodomy of a child and surreptitious administration of a substance. There is no bail available at this time.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15