Cache County man arrested for alleged sexual assault on child
HYRUM, Cache County — An 18-year-old Hyrum man has been arrested after allegedly abusing a young relative.
Allen Bertoch was arrested around 1 a.m. Wednesday after a family member called police and reported the alleged abuse, Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen said. A conversation with the victim confirmed reports that she had been sexually assaulted by the man three times.
It was reported that the man gave the minor some type of medication to make her "sleepy," though what that medication might have been is currently unknown.
Jensen said Bertoch was cooperative in the investigation and confessed to the alleged assaults. The alleged victim said this was the first time such an assault occurred.
Bertoch is being held in Cache County Jail for investigation of sodomy of a child and surreptitious administration of a substance. There is no bail available at this time.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12