Cache County man arrested for alleged sexual assault on child
HYRUM, Cache County — An 18-year-old Hyrum man has been arrested after allegedly abusing a young relative.
Allen Bertoch was arrested around 1 a.m. Wednesday after a family member called police and reported the alleged abuse, Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen said. A conversation with the victim confirmed reports that she had been sexually assaulted by the man three times.
It was reported that the man gave the minor some type of medication to make her "sleepy," though what that medication might have been is currently unknown.
Jensen said Bertoch was cooperative in the investigation and confessed to the alleged assaults. The alleged victim said this was the first time such an assault occurred.
Bertoch is being held in Cache County Jail for investigation of sodomy of a child and surreptitious administration of a substance. There is no bail available at this time.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16