Cache County man arrested for alleged sexual assault on child
HYRUM, Cache County — An 18-year-old Hyrum man has been arrested after allegedly abusing a young relative.
Allen Bertoch was arrested around 1 a.m. Wednesday after a family member called police and reported the alleged abuse, Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen said. A conversation with the victim confirmed reports that she had been sexually assaulted by the man three times.
It was reported that the man gave the minor some type of medication to make her "sleepy," though what that medication might have been is currently unknown.
Jensen said Bertoch was cooperative in the investigation and confessed to the alleged assaults. The alleged victim said this was the first time such an assault occurred.
Bertoch is being held in Cache County Jail for investigation of sodomy of a child and surreptitious administration of a substance. There is no bail available at this time.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11