HYRUM, Cache County — An 18-year-old Hyrum man has been arrested after allegedly abusing a young relative.
Allen Bertoch was arrested around 1 a.m. Wednesday after a family member called police and reported the alleged abuse, Cache County Sheriff's Lt. Chad Jensen said. A conversation with the victim confirmed reports that she had been sexually assaulted by the man three times.
It was reported that the man gave the minor some type of medication to make her "sleepy," though what that medication might have been is currently unknown.
Jensen said Bertoch was cooperative in the investigation and confessed to the alleged assaults. The alleged victim said this was the first time such an assault occurred.
Bertoch is being held in Cache County Jail for investigation of sodomy of a child and surreptitious administration of a substance. There is no bail available at this time.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19