FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A toddler died Thursday after she was run over in the driveway of her home by her aunt.
Imagine Wissiup, who would have celebrated her third birthday on Oct. 30, sustained fatal head injuries in the 4 p.m. mishap, said Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
Jamie Marie Wissiup, 23, believed her niece and another child were safely inside her 2005 Dodge Durango when she began to drive forward in the driveway. Imagine Wissiup, however, either never made it inside the sport-utility vehicle or fell out and was run over, Laursen said.
The girl was taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is still under investigation, but Laursen said all of the preliminary evidence indicates that it was "a tragic accident."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 12
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 10
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 9
- 1,200 gather in Salt Lake, take part in... 8