FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A toddler died Thursday after she was run over in the driveway of her home by her aunt.
Imagine Wissiup, who would have celebrated her third birthday on Oct. 30, sustained fatal head injuries in the 4 p.m. mishap, said Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
Jamie Marie Wissiup, 23, believed her niece and another child were safely inside her 2005 Dodge Durango when she began to drive forward in the driveway. Imagine Wissiup, however, either never made it inside the sport-utility vehicle or fell out and was run over, Laursen said.
The girl was taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is still under investigation, but Laursen said all of the preliminary evidence indicates that it was "a tragic accident."
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- U. student government passes resolution... 68
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 19