FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A toddler died Thursday after she was run over in the driveway of her home by her aunt.
Imagine Wissiup, who would have celebrated her third birthday on Oct. 30, sustained fatal head injuries in the 4 p.m. mishap, said Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
Jamie Marie Wissiup, 23, believed her niece and another child were safely inside her 2005 Dodge Durango when she began to drive forward in the driveway. Imagine Wissiup, however, either never made it inside the sport-utility vehicle or fell out and was run over, Laursen said.
The girl was taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is still under investigation, but Laursen said all of the preliminary evidence indicates that it was "a tragic accident."
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11