FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A toddler died Thursday after she was run over in the driveway of her home by her aunt.
Imagine Wissiup, who would have celebrated her third birthday on Oct. 30, sustained fatal head injuries in the 4 p.m. mishap, said Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
Jamie Marie Wissiup, 23, believed her niece and another child were safely inside her 2005 Dodge Durango when she began to drive forward in the driveway. Imagine Wissiup, however, either never made it inside the sport-utility vehicle or fell out and was run over, Laursen said.
The girl was taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is still under investigation, but Laursen said all of the preliminary evidence indicates that it was "a tragic accident."
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16