FORT DUCHESNE, Uintah County — A toddler died Thursday after she was run over in the driveway of her home by her aunt.
Imagine Wissiup, who would have celebrated her third birthday on Oct. 30, sustained fatal head injuries in the 4 p.m. mishap, said Uintah County Undersheriff John Laursen.
Jamie Marie Wissiup, 23, believed her niece and another child were safely inside her 2005 Dodge Durango when she began to drive forward in the driveway. Imagine Wissiup, however, either never made it inside the sport-utility vehicle or fell out and was run over, Laursen said.
The girl was taken by ambulance to Uintah Basin Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is still under investigation, but Laursen said all of the preliminary evidence indicates that it was "a tragic accident."
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13