BYU sponsors American Conference for Irish Studies annual meeting
PROVO — Brigham Young University's College of Humanities and Department of English are helping sponsor the 28th annual American Conference for Irish Studies in the Western region of the U.S. on Oct. 26-28.
The conference will be held at the Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, and is titled "Ireland and Adaptation."
Brandie Siegfried, an English professor at BYU, is chair of the ACIS-West conference organizing committee with three other professors from universities in the region.
Last October, Siegfried was awarded the Nan Osmond Grass professorship, which recognizes exemplary career and influence in the English department at BYU.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 58
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16