BYU sponsors American Conference for Irish Studies annual meeting
PROVO — Brigham Young University's College of Humanities and Department of English are helping sponsor the 28th annual American Conference for Irish Studies in the Western region of the U.S. on Oct. 26-28.
The conference will be held at the Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, and is titled "Ireland and Adaptation."
Brandie Siegfried, an English professor at BYU, is chair of the ACIS-West conference organizing committee with three other professors from universities in the region.
Last October, Siegfried was awarded the Nan Osmond Grass professorship, which recognizes exemplary career and influence in the English department at BYU.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 117
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 24
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12