BYU sponsors American Conference for Irish Studies annual meeting
PROVO — Brigham Young University's College of Humanities and Department of English are helping sponsor the 28th annual American Conference for Irish Studies in the Western region of the U.S. on Oct. 26-28.
The conference will be held at the Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, and is titled "Ireland and Adaptation."
Brandie Siegfried, an English professor at BYU, is chair of the ACIS-West conference organizing committee with three other professors from universities in the region.
Last October, Siegfried was awarded the Nan Osmond Grass professorship, which recognizes exemplary career and influence in the English department at BYU.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15