BYU sponsors American Conference for Irish Studies annual meeting
PROVO — Brigham Young University's College of Humanities and Department of English are helping sponsor the 28th annual American Conference for Irish Studies in the Western region of the U.S. on Oct. 26-28.
The conference will be held at the Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, Utah, and is titled "Ireland and Adaptation."
Brandie Siegfried, an English professor at BYU, is chair of the ACIS-West conference organizing committee with three other professors from universities in the region.
Last October, Siegfried was awarded the Nan Osmond Grass professorship, which recognizes exemplary career and influence in the English department at BYU.
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17