CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK — Utah's national parks will have changes in hours and closures for select facilities in the winter months.
Capitol Reef National Park visitors center will operate 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily starting Nov. 4. All ranger programs are done for the season. The visitors center will be closed on winter federal holidays, including Veterans Day, Nov. 12; Thanksgiving, Nov. 22; Christmas, Dec. 25; New Year's Day, Jan. 1; Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 21; and Presidents Day, Feb. 18.
The historic Gifford House will close for the season Oct. 27 and reopen in March.
Zion National Park's changes in hours go into effect Oct. 29 and run through April 21 for certain facilities.
The park's Zion Canyon Backcountry desk will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Zion Canyon visitors center will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will close Christmas Day, while the Kolob Canyons visitors center will operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and be closed Nov. 24-25.
The Zion Human History Museum will operate from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will close from Nov. 28 to March 2.
Also on Oct. 29, the Zion Nature Center will close for the season. The center reopens May 24.
Canyonlands National Park's Needle District visitors center will close on Thanksgiving Day and from December to mid-February, though restrooms will remain open.
The Island in the Sky visitors center will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., while the Hans Flat Ranger Station will open daily from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Both facilities will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
The Bryce Canyon National Park visitors center will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning in November and running through March. Visitors centers and fee booths will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Arches National Park's visitors center will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and will close Christmas Day.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on getting...
- The pipes are calling: Salt Lake Methodist...
- Drunk driver crashes through West Valley...
- Hill Air Force Base employee killed in...
- Ute Tribe sues Wasatch County over...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 104
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 27
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 22
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in... 15
- Former Attorney General John Swallow... 13