CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK — Utah's national parks will have changes in hours and closures for select facilities in the winter months.
Capitol Reef National Park visitors center will operate 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily starting Nov. 4. All ranger programs are done for the season. The visitors center will be closed on winter federal holidays, including Veterans Day, Nov. 12; Thanksgiving, Nov. 22; Christmas, Dec. 25; New Year's Day, Jan. 1; Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 21; and Presidents Day, Feb. 18.
The historic Gifford House will close for the season Oct. 27 and reopen in March.
Zion National Park's changes in hours go into effect Oct. 29 and run through April 21 for certain facilities.
The park's Zion Canyon Backcountry desk will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Zion Canyon visitors center will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will close Christmas Day, while the Kolob Canyons visitors center will operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and be closed Nov. 24-25.
The Zion Human History Museum will operate from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will close from Nov. 28 to March 2.
Also on Oct. 29, the Zion Nature Center will close for the season. The center reopens May 24.
Canyonlands National Park's Needle District visitors center will close on Thanksgiving Day and from December to mid-February, though restrooms will remain open.
The Island in the Sky visitors center will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., while the Hans Flat Ranger Station will open daily from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Both facilities will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
The Bryce Canyon National Park visitors center will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning in November and running through March. Visitors centers and fee booths will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Arches National Park's visitors center will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and will close Christmas Day.
- Provo couple killed in RV accident near St....
- Police were watching, listening to Josh and...
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer found...
- 'More questions than answers' as charges...
- Susan Powell's father wants help searching...
- Parents of Sandy Hook victim, Emilie Parker,...
- Davis County honor student arrested in deaths...
- Common Core State Standards attract...
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 71
- Man charged with killing Ogden officer... 40
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 17
- $2.6B needed for Utah to reach... 17
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17