CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK — Utah's national parks will have changes in hours and closures for select facilities in the winter months.
Capitol Reef National Park visitors center will operate 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily starting Nov. 4. All ranger programs are done for the season. The visitors center will be closed on winter federal holidays, including Veterans Day, Nov. 12; Thanksgiving, Nov. 22; Christmas, Dec. 25; New Year's Day, Jan. 1; Martin Luther King Day, Jan. 21; and Presidents Day, Feb. 18.
The historic Gifford House will close for the season Oct. 27 and reopen in March.
Zion National Park's changes in hours go into effect Oct. 29 and run through April 21 for certain facilities.
The park's Zion Canyon Backcountry desk will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Zion Canyon visitors center will reduce its hours to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will close Christmas Day, while the Kolob Canyons visitors center will operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and be closed Nov. 24-25.
The Zion Human History Museum will operate from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and will close from Nov. 28 to March 2.
Also on Oct. 29, the Zion Nature Center will close for the season. The center reopens May 24.
Canyonlands National Park's Needle District visitors center will close on Thanksgiving Day and from December to mid-February, though restrooms will remain open.
The Island in the Sky visitors center will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., while the Hans Flat Ranger Station will open daily from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Both facilities will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
The Bryce Canyon National Park visitors center will operate from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning in November and running through March. Visitors centers and fee booths will close Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Arches National Park's visitors center will remain open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and will close Christmas Day.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Unmasked: How the dynamic duo behind Salt...
- 'Life-changing' program for families battles...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 201
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 20