Violence: This is a cop film, so there is much shooting and fighting. There is a scene of MMA fighting that goes too far. Picasso (the bad guy) is sadistic and enjoys torturing his victims. No torture is actually shown on screen, though. A photograph is shown of a character who has been tortured.
Sexuality: A couple is shown in bed together covered, but engaging in sex. A woman is tied to a bed using her stockings. She is wearing lingerie.
Drugs and drinking: Picasso injects his victims. No recreational drug use is shown, but there is a reference to a drug cache. Two characters are seen drinking at a night spot.
Despite some good acting, there seems to be too little to this story. The filmmakers seem to feel the audience is able to jump to conclusions very easily. Cicely Tyson is very good as Nana Mama but is not used enough. The rating of PG-13 is appropriate, but the age range for this film is better at 15-plus.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't save...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1