Salt Lake Freedom Film and Storytelling Festival takes place Oct. 20
Keith Johnson, Deseret News Archive
The Salt Lake Freedom Film and Storytelling Festival will take place Saturday, Oct. 20, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Fort Douglas Post Theater at the University of Utah, 245 S. Fort Douglas Blvd.
The festival is family-friendly and includes events from films to fiddle tunes to fables. The schedule is split up into three sessions, with tickets $5 for adults and $3 for children per session.
The theme for this festival is "Celebrating the Nobility in Liberty!" Topics include Halloween, Thanksgiving, math, Sherlock Holmes, the Titanic and American dreams.
A semiannual event, the festival is next scheduled for Nov. 10.
For more information, call 801-532-2766 and for a complete list of events, visit slcstoryfest.wordpress.com.
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 8
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1