Salt Lake Freedom Film and Storytelling Festival takes place Oct. 20
Keith Johnson, Deseret News Archive
The Salt Lake Freedom Film and Storytelling Festival will take place Saturday, Oct. 20, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Fort Douglas Post Theater at the University of Utah, 245 S. Fort Douglas Blvd.
The festival is family-friendly and includes events from films to fiddle tunes to fables. The schedule is split up into three sessions, with tickets $5 for adults and $3 for children per session.
The theme for this festival is "Celebrating the Nobility in Liberty!" Topics include Halloween, Thanksgiving, math, Sherlock Holmes, the Titanic and American dreams.
A semiannual event, the festival is next scheduled for Nov. 10.
For more information, call 801-532-2766 and for a complete list of events, visit slcstoryfest.wordpress.com.
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- Utah Shakespeare Festival stages worthy,...
- Human nature to be put to the test in...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1