Notre Dame's TJ Jones makes strides, while still dealing with the loss of his father
“But I’d do the news if I had to,” the film, television and theater major said. “I’m open to it all.”
Except, that is, collaborating on Irish nose guard Louis Nix’s pet project, Chocolate News, and its cult following on YouTube.
“You know, I haven’t even seen an entire episode,” Jones admitted. “I’ve seen clips.
“I guess I’d rather focus on football. I’m learning what it takes to be considered one of the best and how hard you have to work every day. You can’t take days off.
“Manti kind of showed all of us that. Regardless how you feel, regardless of what you’re going through, you have to set that aside. I can do that now. Even if it’s not your best day at practice, you can still get better, help the team get better. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do.”
Notre Dame No. 1 quarterback Everett Golson passed his final post-concussion hurdle, a computer-based cognitive test on Tuesday that allowed him to practice Wednesday for the first time this week.
The sophomore was a spectator at Tuesday’s practice session after not being able to pass the cognitive test on Monday. The sophomore suffered a concussion Saturday with 3:24 left in regulation of ND’s 20-13 overtime victory over Stanford.
Junior Tommy Rees, who finished the Stanford game, took 60 percent of the practice snaps Tuesday with the first team in Golson’s absence, while fellow junior Andrew Hendrix got the other 40 percent.
Holy spinout powerbomb
Professional wrestling superstar John Cena recently tweeted about ND middle linebacker Manti Te’o to his roughly 2.9 million Twitter followers, calling the Laie, Hawaii, product “a class act.”
Te’o was working out at the time when teammate Tyler Stockton broke the news to him.
“He's like, ‘Bro, you're an American hero.’ I'm like, ‘What are you talking about?’ He was like, ‘John Cena tweeted at you. I immediately sprinted into the locker room to check it out.”
South Bend Tribune staff writer Eric Hansen:email@example.com
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22