High school football: Bountiful defeats Layton 31-9 (+ photos)
OGDEN — Jakob Hunt rushed for 147 yards and two touchdowns while Houston Heimuli chipped in with 120 yards of his own to lead Bountiful to a victory over Layton in a game played at Weber State University.
Ryan Curtis rumbled for 83 yards for a touchdown on a fake punt. Layton led 9-7 after the first quarter on a blocked punt for a safety and a 26-yard pass from Marcus Kemp to Hunter Evans. It was too much for Layton, as the Braves scored 24 unanswered points the rest of the way.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 26
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25