OREM — U.S. Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will speak at Utah Valley University on Thursday.
The event, which was organized by the Young Presidents Organization, is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. at the UCCU Center. Doors open at noon and students with UVU ID will get priority seating.
It is Paul's first visit to Utah since 2007, when he visited the state as part of his campaign for the 2008 presidential election.
Paul is a three-time presidential candidate — running as a Libertarian in 1988 and a Republican in 2008 and 2012 — and longtime member of the Texas federal delegation. He is also the author of several books, including "Liberty Defined," "End the Fed" and "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 78
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17