OREM — U.S. Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will speak at Utah Valley University on Thursday.
The event, which was organized by the Young Presidents Organization, is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. at the UCCU Center. Doors open at noon and students with UVU ID will get priority seating.
It is Paul's first visit to Utah since 2007, when he visited the state as part of his campaign for the 2008 presidential election.
Paul is a three-time presidential candidate — running as a Libertarian in 1988 and a Republican in 2008 and 2012 — and longtime member of the Texas federal delegation. He is also the author of several books, including "Liberty Defined," "End the Fed" and "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13