OREM — U.S. Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will speak at Utah Valley University on Thursday.
The event, which was organized by the Young Presidents Organization, is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. at the UCCU Center. Doors open at noon and students with UVU ID will get priority seating.
It is Paul's first visit to Utah since 2007, when he visited the state as part of his campaign for the 2008 presidential election.
Paul is a three-time presidential candidate — running as a Libertarian in 1988 and a Republican in 2008 and 2012 — and longtime member of the Texas federal delegation. He is also the author of several books, including "Liberty Defined," "End the Fed" and "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 33
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13