OREM — U.S. Congressman and former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul will speak at Utah Valley University on Thursday.
The event, which was organized by the Young Presidents Organization, is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. at the UCCU Center. Doors open at noon and students with UVU ID will get priority seating.
It is Paul's first visit to Utah since 2007, when he visited the state as part of his campaign for the 2008 presidential election.
Paul is a three-time presidential candidate — running as a Libertarian in 1988 and a Republican in 2008 and 2012 — and longtime member of the Texas federal delegation. He is also the author of several books, including "Liberty Defined," "End the Fed" and "A Foreign Policy of Freedom."
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15