Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23