Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 144
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 66
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 44
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 38
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25