Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 112
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8