Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Deseret News Classic Marathon: Van de Camp,...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 103
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 83
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 58
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 47
- ACC media days has some interesting... 44
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24