Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20