Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C. State...
- The BYU international basketball tracker: How...
- BYU men's volleyball: Underwood and others...
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for Utah
- Morning links: Which local prospects could...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 85
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12