Utah Jazz: Mo Williams, Derrick Favors out tonight against Clippers
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers tonight without Mo Williams and Derrick Favors.
Williams, Utah's starting point guard, is out for the second night in a row with a groin injury, paving way for another Jamaal Tinsley start.
Favors will sit out the 8:30 p.m. contest at Staples Center with a bruised right knee. The backup power forward's right knee was banged up in a collision with a player in the Jazz's 114-80 blowout victory over the Lakers at Honda Center.
The 21-year-old big man said his wrapped-up knee was "doing good," but the team wants to be cautious with it midway through the exhibition season.
Favors received pregame treatment after his knee became swollen earlier in the day. Asked if he hoped to play through the pain, Favors said, "If it was the regular season, yeah. But preseason, I don't know."
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 63
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36