UVU golf: Men's golf finishes 12th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Mason Casper recorded an even-par 72 Wednesday in the final round of the Lone Star Invitational to move up into a tie for 22nd.
Casper got off to a slow start by shooting an opening-round 79 but shot 1-under Tuesday and even-par Wednesday.
Joey Olson and Corey Eccles each shot rounds of 76-78-79 and finished in a tie for 54th, while Brayden Eriksen (72-76-87) and Stratton Schulz (82-82-74) finished tied for 62nd and 68th, respectively.
As a team, the Wolverines placed 12th with a team total of 910.
The University of Houston won the tournament at 866, followed by the University of North Texas (870) and the University of Denver (881).
UNT's Rodolfo Cazaubon (212) won the tournament by two shots over four other players.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45