UVU golf: Men's golf finishes 12th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Mason Casper recorded an even-par 72 Wednesday in the final round of the Lone Star Invitational to move up into a tie for 22nd.
Casper got off to a slow start by shooting an opening-round 79 but shot 1-under Tuesday and even-par Wednesday.
Joey Olson and Corey Eccles each shot rounds of 76-78-79 and finished in a tie for 54th, while Brayden Eriksen (72-76-87) and Stratton Schulz (82-82-74) finished tied for 62nd and 68th, respectively.
As a team, the Wolverines placed 12th with a team total of 910.
The University of Houston won the tournament at 866, followed by the University of North Texas (870) and the University of Denver (881).
UNT's Rodolfo Cazaubon (212) won the tournament by two shots over four other players.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34