UVU golf: Men's golf finishes 12th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Mason Casper recorded an even-par 72 Wednesday in the final round of the Lone Star Invitational to move up into a tie for 22nd.
Casper got off to a slow start by shooting an opening-round 79 but shot 1-under Tuesday and even-par Wednesday.
Joey Olson and Corey Eccles each shot rounds of 76-78-79 and finished in a tie for 54th, while Brayden Eriksen (72-76-87) and Stratton Schulz (82-82-74) finished tied for 62nd and 68th, respectively.
As a team, the Wolverines placed 12th with a team total of 910.
The University of Houston won the tournament at 866, followed by the University of North Texas (870) and the University of Denver (881).
UNT's Rodolfo Cazaubon (212) won the tournament by two shots over four other players.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 91
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 83
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31