UVU golf: Men's golf finishes 12th at Lone Star Invitational
SAN ANTONIO – Utah Valley University's Mason Casper recorded an even-par 72 Wednesday in the final round of the Lone Star Invitational to move up into a tie for 22nd.
Casper got off to a slow start by shooting an opening-round 79 but shot 1-under Tuesday and even-par Wednesday.
Joey Olson and Corey Eccles each shot rounds of 76-78-79 and finished in a tie for 54th, while Brayden Eriksen (72-76-87) and Stratton Schulz (82-82-74) finished tied for 62nd and 68th, respectively.
As a team, the Wolverines placed 12th with a team total of 910.
The University of Houston won the tournament at 866, followed by the University of North Texas (870) and the University of Denver (881).
UNT's Rodolfo Cazaubon (212) won the tournament by two shots over four other players.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34