BYU tennis: Cougars travel to Las Vegas for Regional Tournament
PROVO, Utah – The BYU men’s tennis team travels to Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center to compete in the ITA Mountain Regional Championships from Oct. 17-22.
“This fall tournament is a good chance for us to get a lot of good matches in against quality regional opponents,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “I think our guys are ready and excited for it.”
Freshman Nikki Rae enters as the No. 7 seed in a tournament, which features more than 100 players from 15 other schools from the region.
In last year’s tournament, four current BYU players, including Keaton Cullimore, Spencer Smith, Patrick Kawka and Francis Sargeant, advanced to the quarterfinals in doubles play.
The tournament begins with doubles at 8 a.m. PST. Singles play starts at 9 a.m. To follow the action, visit USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45