BYU tennis: Cougars travel to Las Vegas for Regional Tournament
PROVO, Utah – The BYU men’s tennis team travels to Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center to compete in the ITA Mountain Regional Championships from Oct. 17-22.
“This fall tournament is a good chance for us to get a lot of good matches in against quality regional opponents,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “I think our guys are ready and excited for it.”
Freshman Nikki Rae enters as the No. 7 seed in a tournament, which features more than 100 players from 15 other schools from the region.
In last year’s tournament, four current BYU players, including Keaton Cullimore, Spencer Smith, Patrick Kawka and Francis Sargeant, advanced to the quarterfinals in doubles play.
The tournament begins with doubles at 8 a.m. PST. Singles play starts at 9 a.m. To follow the action, visit USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 53
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48