BYU tennis: Cougars travel to Las Vegas for Regional Tournament
PROVO, Utah – The BYU men’s tennis team travels to Las Vegas at the Darling Tennis Center to compete in the ITA Mountain Regional Championships from Oct. 17-22.
“This fall tournament is a good chance for us to get a lot of good matches in against quality regional opponents,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “I think our guys are ready and excited for it.”
Freshman Nikki Rae enters as the No. 7 seed in a tournament, which features more than 100 players from 15 other schools from the region.
In last year’s tournament, four current BYU players, including Keaton Cullimore, Spencer Smith, Patrick Kawka and Francis Sargeant, advanced to the quarterfinals in doubles play.
The tournament begins with doubles at 8 a.m. PST. Singles play starts at 9 a.m. To follow the action, visit USTA’s website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16